• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Info] Is this a joke?

My specs:

Intel Quad Core Extreme QX9650
XFX Radeon 5970
4 gigs ram
win 7
all imaginable runtimes, updates, latest drivers etc installed

First of all, I registered with the intent of commenting on the horrible unfinished beta of a game that is RO2HOS.
Read op on the posts in this thread, and my conclusion is a lot of you fanboys, "experienced gamers", the "mature" people as you present yourself should have taken a sip from the big warm cup of STFU instead of trying to explain every constructive negative comment (which most of the ones in here are) with some lame explenaion like it's "kiddies that have to be weeded out", your "experience in this and that" et cetera.

I have played a LOT of the original RO, and the complete lack of tech support and any attempts of improvenemt can be traced back to that game. So much so, that the game completely quit running on my PC all of a sudden. Previously, it crashed for no reason. Then came a time when it some times started up, say 1 out of 10 attempts and actually ran. I reinstalled it, did the steam game cache check etc. It just quit. Now knowing it was an old game, I cut it slack in the sense that I kept on playing it as long as I could, especially that wonderful mod Darkest Hour.

Low and behold, RO2 comes along and I per-purchase it. I thing gee, with all the money they get in pre-purchases they (devs) must be eager to get it finished and run as dramatically as the trailer was!

Now, either RO2 is custom made for "Origin PC's" (note grammatical the error in the forced commercial that we're all watching when this POS starts up), or the trailer was done Hollywood style - a render. BECAUSE WHEN I SET THE SETTINGS TO ULTRA, WHICH MY MACHINE IS MORE THAN CAPABLE OF, THE FPS IS AROUND 20!
Oh and Unreal 2 3d engine... just fkin wow... you know a script kiddie with the original Doom engine could have made this more impressive.
Jokes aside... have you checked out DODS, or Insurgency Mod? Both games show just a fraction of what the Source engine could do... why not choose that? Why not take Xray engine from Stalker?
Unreal 2... yeah, like totally unreal how this could be made in 2011.

Ok, I turn down various goodies like motion blur, high AA, shadows, this and that, and get to maybe 40 FPS.
Then, once I start playing either the server menu does not work, or the spawn select menu flickers like crazy between two spawn options, or when I press menu buttons they don't respond or are laggy...
Giving the game for the xxx'th time the benefit of the doubt - I start playing.
Low and behold, the graphics look like COD2, I die inside a tank inside a spawn for no reason, or when I do drive away the machinegun shoots maybe 10-20MOA below the crosshair for no reason what so everand then gets back to where it was just as quickly, or I get disconnected with the message " " and the "OK" button below it, then wait for NO LESS than half a minute just to get a server list....

Is this a joke? No. This is an unfinished game that should NEVER have been released until at least 1000 more manhours just from the dev side. The Failwire team got greedy and wanted money for an unfinished product.
Yes, they will iron out a lot of bugs in the future no doubt, but judging by this release quality, and the unexisting support for RO don't hold your breath for a miracle here.

A shame really, but hey - next time you release another game, it will arrive to me not trough steam but trough say filestube.com, and BTW anyone I would have recommended this game to - I will tell to spend their money on something that actually works.

Oh and here's a pro tip: look at how Valve does their games - nothing too fancy, but still good looking, always a long waiting time but always well done.

Upvote 0
I took some screen shots of the weird issues iv been having, no other game does this'
2w2eyon.jpg

As you can see from the shots my gpu usage is super low even on ultra and never goes above 50% only I am looking at the ground. the fps jump all over, stuttering some times but neither my gpu or cpu usage does anything
amd 955 @3.7ghz
2 gtx 460s overclocked in sli
4gigs of ddr3 ram
(gpu usage 29% on 1 and 26% on 2)
(cpu usage is about 40-60%)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Btw, for a little comparison here as far as graphics go....

Does anybody remember the "Stalker DX11 Demo" video? If some of you have seen it, you too were probably stunned; Rain effect, volumetric smoke, sun&glare effects, etc.

And then when the game gets installed, you realise that with maybe 10fps that you get, on ANY rig, so this demo was a render.
Yep, one of those "f--k the gamers in the a--" type of false advertisements.

Upvote 0
bla..bla..bla...Is this a joke?
really?.....

Over 5000 Players have in the moment fun with the game, look in game browser.

OMG..f**k they are all paid from TW....

Having fun? Have you seen the chat on the server? "My game lags" "The game stutters when arty is falling" "MkB everywhere" "Have you guys seen a mp40 since patch" "I keep crashing" "My stats are all wrong, lol"

Upvote 0
As you can see from the shots my gpu usage is super low even on ultra and never goes above 50% only I am looking at the ground. the fps jump all over, stuttering some times but neither my gpu or cpu usage does anything
(gpu usage 29% on 1 and 26% on 2)
(cpu usage is about 40-60%)

same here.
my single hd6970 have 40% usage..
cpu 30-50%

Upvote 0
Seriously, guys this is ridiculous.

I'm not trolling or flaming etc etc but this is just a simple horrific release.

I played the beta, it was a slow, laggy, buggy highly unoptimised mess.

I came back to the beta 2 patches later and found it was a

slow, laggy buggy highly unoptimised mess.

I then hover over the refund button on steam, and think to myself "nah, im a fan of tripwire, was playing RO when the first iteration of the mod was released, maybe, just maybe this will be sorted out for the release"

Boy was I wrong, I hate to do this to one of the last dev studios I respect, but this is pathetic. You guys are the same RO team right? the same guys who have worked with the unreal engine for years right? and you cant get servers to show up in the server browser?

This might fly in a "beta" but I'm sorry TWI, you have released the game to the paying public, people have put faith in you and paid hard earned money for your product, and its broken. Extensively broken, I mean you can't release a MP focused game and your bloody server browser is broken.

And that issue is just a fart in the wind compared to all the other bugs, which include :

a % of maps crashing upon load for a majority of the userbase, the ABSOLUTELY HORRIFIC performance (seriously, all settings on low/off and it looks worse than HL1 and Im getting 40 fps, its a disgrace), wonky cover system, see through walls and textures, just bugs galore.

I couldn't hold my tongue any longer and seeing threads like "buy the devs a drink" I feel disgusted and seriously? buy you a drink? I BOUGHT this game and its broken in so many many ways, you should be ashamed to be honest.

Well, I may still try and get a refund for this now, I gave so you chance in the beta, then a few more chances with patches, now the game is out and its in a hell of a f-ing state.

Its just a disgrace.

An unhappy customer.

+1

I'm also a player of the mod and ro1, RO2 is a mess.

Upvote 0
I see 75% load if i am lucky on my GTX 570 and FPS is spiking all over the place really.

At one point i saw 16% load.

I never encountered this, especially with a 3.8ghz 17 930 on all 8 threads.

This is a PC only game...right?

Yeah, check my resource usage while in a MP map.
http://s4.postimage.org/jbwqwv397/usage.png
20% CPU and barely 25% GPU usage yet I can't even break 50 FPS??

Upvote 0
Boy was I wrong, I hate to do this to one of the last dev studios I respect, but this is pathetic. You guys are the same RO team right? the same guys who have worked with the unreal engine for years right? and you cant get servers to show up in the server browser?
I have the impression that UE3 sucks as an engine, the army cant fix AA3 either but then again they dont have any programmers to do that.

Upvote 0
I just purchased this game. I've played PC games for years. This is indeed a joke. Apart from the Steam fiasco of finding a forgotten password - what did support reset it to last time...if I could remember that, I would need you to remind me of my password - duh! - I then had to wait for over 10hrs while it updated it. After that - finally - I could play the game...all good up to the end of my first boot camp training...won't finish the machine gun part...after shooting the trucks, I left click control as instructed and the pit starts flashing yellow along with a crate to the right with a barrel on top of it...I don't get yet.

I've tried it 3 times so far and it's still doing the same thing.

Not impressed and bored with the whole thing.

Upvote 0