• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is there a custom Monster Specimen Selector like shop selector?

Valken

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 5, 2011
I was looking at all the monster mutators out there and wondered if there was a generic mutator that can let us select and manage different monsters and specimens, like those invasion monster managers for UT2K4?

For instance, instead of loading the brute, shiver and doom3 mutators fully, have an ini file or a section in the KillingFloor.ini to list specific monsters from each package? and allow us to modify their spawn frequency?

I believe can allow us to avoid conflicts if one package overloads more than another...

Or can sandbox mode allow us to load more than 1 type of monster there just by adding it on? I tried it but I could not get it to spawn properly eg - loading the circus and wtf zeds even though it is listed there.

Is there a way to save the sandbox configuration into a mutator? There is no GUI interface to parse the packages to know what classes or specimens we can "load" into the game. It has to be done manually be typing it in.

There was a UT2K mutator that did that... it would let you parse another mutator, EG Doom3 monsters, load up all the packages, then let you tick or untick each specimen/monster if you wanted to load it.

Another section or maybe a box next to each monster would allow you to specify frequency or number per of spawn during each wave.

Upvote 0
No there is no mutator because sandbow does more then just choose frequency. Sandbox mode chooses when it shall spawn, what groups it comes with (or on it's own) etc. I don't know fully about sandbox but it's pretty much the same as the default UT2004 Invasion setup. You can easily do this manually on your own KF and then copy over the configuration to your server. Im still trying to find a tutorial on how to set it up manually (through the file itself).

P.S. I know the mutators your talking about as I used the SatoreMonsterPack and other stuff myself in the days ;)

Upvote 0