Is ragdoll fadetime an option?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

MareNostrum

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 21, 2009
they are playing with full 6 players in the videos though so maybe since the waves are larger they disappear faster?

Nenjin

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Sub-Level 12
Corpse decay is a variable input in most games, I'd be surprised if you couldn't easily change this value in KF.

MoKlakins

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 24, 2009
This definatly isnt a huge deal to me but i would like an option for the bodies to stay till the end of the wave.

Kaven

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 3, 2009
Funny I didn't even notice this in the gameplay vids I probably will in the real game tho

Innociv

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 28, 2006
Eh why? They don't move. It doesn't have to keep updating location from the server. It should only be a problem on the client.

Nenjin

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Sub-Level 12
It's still additional textures that have to get rendered while more stuff is going on. Blood splatters, bullet holes, all that jazz fade out over time (or when the cap is hit) for the same reason. TW is just playing it safe and dialing it all down for the lowest rigs. I'm sure if we express ourselves articulately, often enough, they'll add more variables into the graphics options so we can dial up all that stuff.

Reise

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 1, 2006
Maine, US
I don't think UE2.5's ragdolls stack on top of each other so it'd look kinda ugly to have a whole wave's mess of dead baddies intersecting each other and covering the floor.

I'm sure there will be a way to make them last longer before disappearing though.

MareNostrum

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 21, 2009
I think the gameplay vid might be censored cause theres almost no gore and no decapitations compared to the trailer