• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is it possible?

I picked it out carefully for a reason Gibby. i'm not even modeling it - i gave a list of choices to a friend who picked the m249 as the one he wanted to model. But suck it up. I didn't pick it because it was in cod, or arma, or CSS or any other retarded game. IT WAS PICKED BECAUSE ITS THE GUN THE TEAM WANTED! Gimme a better reason or shut up. Oh, and the bren gun fires slower than the SCAR, has within 10 ammo count, and uses a slightly larger round. So, its a puffed up verion of the scar.

Actually, if you read the thread, you'd see it was meant to be handled differently for purposes of a new play style. And right here, I'm just making a suggestion, if you have reasons like these to say "no", great, hit me with it but no need to get mega-defensive and raeg and tell me to shut up.

My reasoning is is, TWI are letting guns get in the game because they are up to TWI standard. Will your M249 be up to their standards? Probably! If so, congratulations. But here's a good reason to counter yours - would anyone in the team care to have a little bit of originality? Would you like to perhaps see a little originality in KF? If so, since you have the skill to get it in there, don't waste it by making M249 SAW model #102318. I'm not implying that you drool over terrible games, I'm implying that you and your team don't want to think about being a little bit different. Hell, don't make a GPMG or a Bren. Go and find a nice-looking MG that has little or no exposure in videogames and change that.

Now approach this in a little more civilised way or shut up. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Gibby, i told you, we did our research. We decided on the saw for a multitude of reasons. Origionality is great, but alot of "origional" guns are actually taken, because COD developers want them, or something. and the M249 is made by FN, a european company, btw. Sure, America gobbled it up, but so what? Also, i like my guns newer - i really don't want to include a bunch of guns designed for WWI or ever WWII. I love the argument you have too - usually i agree with the origionality thing, but TWI used an AK47, a SCAR, an M14, beretta 9mm, Deagle, Katana, Chainsaw, m79, grenades, AA12, pump-action shotty, ect. Those are very common in shooters/zombie games themselves. I'm sorry i'm comming off as rude, but dude - i don't wanna hear it. FYI, we chose the full model, not the PARA, since you usually see the para. Its going to have the matte texture, not the chromed crap you see in some games. Its not going to be COD, and hopefully it doesnt feel COD. Maybe later we can use another gun, but its going to be an M249 standard for now.

Reactions: Gooblaster
Upvote 0
Gibby, i told you, we did our research. We decided on the saw for a multitude of reasons. Origionality is great, but alot of "origional" guns are actually taken, because COD developers want them, or something. and the M249 is made by FN, a european company, btw. Sure, America gobbled it up, but so what? Also, i like my guns newer - i really don't want to include a bunch of guns designed for WWI or ever WWII. I love the argument you have too - usually i agree with the origionality thing, but TWI used an AK47, a SCAR, an M14, beretta 9mm, Deagle, Katana, Chainsaw, m79, grenades, AA12, pump-action shotty, ect. Those are very common in shooters/zombie games themselves. I'm sorry i'm comming off as rude, but dude - i don't wanna hear it. FYI, we chose the full model, not the PARA, since you usually see the para. Its going to have the matte texture, not the chromed crap you see in some games. Its not going to be COD, and hopefully it doesnt feel COD. Maybe later we can use another gun, but its going to be an M249 standard for now.

Then fair enough! All I wanted was to get the point across and wanted to see its consideration and not this... mess. :confused:

I'm horrible in that way, aren't I?

Upvote 0