• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is it okay if I print myself a KF2 shirt?

CrashFu

Grizzled Veteran
May 11, 2014
Ohio
So I just acquired myself a new inkjet printer, a clothes iron, ironing board, and I'm working on finding transfer paper at a good price, and I'm wondering how Tripwire would feel if I printed some of their official game art on a shirt, since what I'm looking for is not offered as official merchandise.. (as far as I'm aware)

That would be, mind you, just for myself. I would NOT be selling bootleg merchandise, haha..

Obviously I could just go and do this without permission and who would ever know? However, I thought it would be more respectful to ask.

(And if the okay is given, we can use this thread to discuss good shirt ideas, and if there's enough common interest in a particular design, maybe Tripwire will add it to their merch store and sell it officially)

FYI I'm thinking about the art used for the soundtrack cover, specifically. It would look rad printed on black.. either the version with the game logo at the bottom, with the "soundtrack" part cropped off, or the title-less version with the Killing Floor 2 logo printed separately on the shirt back. Mmm.

So what do you guys think would make good KF2 shirt designs? Maybe some of the backround decals, or the Horzine ads, perhaps?

Briar and Masterson coverd in blood, standing in front of the entrance to Biotics Lab, surrounded by corpses and body parts. Briar is holding M4, Masterson has L85. There's "Call yourself a bloody zombie?" text below the scene.

Upvote 0
So what do you guys think would make good KF2 shirt designs? Maybe some of the backround decals, or the Horzine ads, perhaps?

If you want, I can render some pictures. Horizine logo should make a good shirt.
I had a shirt design for KF. It was to be a simplistic drawn Circus crawler with a cute face.

Maybe TWI can open up a merch Workshop like TF2.

Upvote 0
F1BDA92F710C2670976D3B24ADB5B276EB400598

here are some more great pics. http://steamcommunity.com/app/232090/images/

Upvote 0
Speaking of that Tripwire really needs to up their merch game. I would love to rock some KF/RO hats, hoddies, etc but they only have a few things in their store. I know that they are a relatively small indie studio that doesn't really have the resources to produce shirts and stuff on a mass scale, or even have enough people who would buy them to make it viable, but still. I would love some new merchandise. 10/10 Would buy.

Upvote 0
Yeah as long as you don't try to sell it I think you're good.

I'm sure it's not a problem especially since it's not for commercial use.

It's not about money, it's about providing a service. This is why mods/free games based on existing IP get shut down all the time. Making something for yourself isn't a service. You can do whatever you want with anything in your possession. It's who it becomes available to that causes problems.

Upvote 0
Speaking of that Tripwire really needs to up their merch game. I would love to rock some KF/RO hats, hoddies, etc but they only have a few things in their store. I know that they are a relatively small indie studio that doesn't really have the resources to produce shirts and stuff on a mass scale, or even have enough people who would buy them to make it viable, but still. I would love some new merchandise. 10/10 Would buy.

TWI really should look into merchandise. Currently it is an untapped market for them and knowing how KF reputation is on the internet, it would explode.

Hoodies? TShirts? The lovable fleshpound plushie? Especially the plushies. Bring a sample batch to your next convention gathering and watch people gobble it up. :IS2:

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure the reason they don't make more merch is... Most likely they don't sell?
TWI, get NECA to make some action figures. You already have high render models, why not release limited figurines.
Even some props would be great... Like those DJ Headphones, that actually fuction for that purpose.

Isn't KF2 mainstream as sht now? Go hire someone for marketing so you can gain more money that isn't from 200 cosmetic DLC packs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0