• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is is true that..

Many amries are known for doing that. In Korea they would march huge lines of POW's across mine fields. A POW who survived said the first thing he saw when he got the a camp was the large line and a couple people being blow to bits by a mine they walked over.

I dont know if the Finns used this method but many soviet troops were trained to deal with mines, I beleive the units were called Sappers. The Finns could of just used those Sapper POW's and had them clear mines that way.

Upvote 0
Yes, it's true.
5148.jpg

Rss
One of those pictures shows soviet POWs used as minestompers.

Taken from this thread: http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15115&highlight=photo

Upvote 0
ohh that is very evil to do this to a person :confused:

What is even worse is if a person volunteers for this. During the Iran-Iraq War:

“In the past,” wrote the semi-official Iranian daily Ettela’at, “we had child-volunteers: 14-, 15-, and 16-year-olds. They went into the mine fields. Their eyes saw nothing. Their ears heard nothing. And then, a few moments later, one saw clouds of dust. When the dust had settled again, there was nothing more to be seen of them. Somewhere, widely scattered in the landscape, there lay scraps of burnt flesh and pieces of bone.” Such scenes could henceforth be avoided, Ettela’at assured its readers. “Before entering the mine fields, the children [now] wrap themselves in blankets and they roll on the ground, so that their body parts stay together after the explosion of the mines and one can carry them to the graves.” - http://www.matthiaskuentzel.de/contents/ahmadinejads-world

Upvote 0
Is it true that X country did this and X country did that?

Its a war.. horrible things happens there. I bet no country were acting 'romantic'.

Says the finn! :D

But yes you are indeed right

however the Finns in general have a very naive opinion about what they did in the war and how they performed >_<
And when I try to talk some sense into these people they call me a traitor!

Upvote 0
Yeah, it's horrible, but, like I said, you can't say it's horrible logic. If I was a squad leader (with any army) during war-time, and I had the oppurtunity to use POWs as mine-clearers as opposed to risking the lives of my men to detect mines....you're damned right I would. And I wouldn't lose any sleep over it either. Likewise, if I were a POW, I wouldn't blame an enemy squad leader for using me in that way. It's nothing personal, it's just war.

Upvote 0
Its a fact of life. Get over it. It will continue to happen until every person on this Earth is blown to bits. 2 people will never be exactly equal, and the sumb!tch on top will always take advantage of the little guy. No matter what.

EDIT: Its the same way Stalin starved millions of People in Siberia and Ukraine and other countries to death and used the others as slave labor. (How the hell do you think they made all those factories and tanks?) Did I mention they had plenty of grain and food? Yet we only think of Hitler as the "evildoer"...

Upvote 0