• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

IS for scoped rifles if available

Mormegil

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Nargothrond
This is an old one probably from the RO:CA days that I just remembered.

The MN rifles have an off-set scope mount, allowing the shooter to use iron sights when necessary.

It might be nice to implement this view for snipers when enemy are getting a little too close and a bit more peripheral vision would be nice. Even make it an option if some folks don't want it.

I would think the way to implement this would be to perhaps hold down the IS button (like a shift key) and roll the mouse wheel up or down to switch between IS and scoped. Let go of the IS button and you'll stay in that "mode."

There should be an easier more intuitive way to get it to work.

Personally i think that all changes to a weapon could be bound to a single button.
With smgs/mgs it changes between auto and single shot
With rifles it attaches the bayonet
With tanks it changes the ammunition type.
With snipers it changes whether you look through scope or IS.

So all could be combined in 1 single button. So whenever you need something with your weapon you can press the same single button.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Personally i think that all changes to a weapon could be bound to a single button.
With smgs it changes between auto and single shot

So all could be combined in 1 single button. So whenever you need something with your weapon you can press the same single button.

Sounds good. Would you throw in barrel changes in that for MG too?

Upvote 0
Everytime you dismount scope you need zeroing to make it accurate again. Scope is not toy. Zeroing is method for snipers, they shoot target and also change a little scope position by screwdriver or scope bolt, they repeating it until scope is accurate enough again. It require 5-10 shots, it depends on sniper experience.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mg has always been an annoying bugger, as it both got a barrel change and a change firemode option. So a secondary button is needed for that.

Peterpan no need to remove the scope, the scopes
on both the mosin and the kar were mounted pretty high:
image018.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

With smgs/mgs it changes between auto and single shot

That is the best idea. Currently alot of weapons have different keys for different functions. Bayonet, barrel change, sniper iron sights and it looks like we will be able to fold the MP40 stock. Those could all be bound to a single button.

However I would rather have fire modes and changing ammunition types remain for the alternate fire button.

Reactions: Hackel
Upvote 0
That would work quite well i guess as the mg needs 2 functions anyway.

Alternate firemode
- Change firemode
- Change ammunitiontype

Weapon button
- Attach bayonet
- Change barrel
- Change distance on faust (i know they wont be in stalingrad)
- Unfold stock
- Change from scope to ironsight on sniper

I guess giving ammo could be put together with the use key.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alternate firemode
- Change firemode
- Change ammunitiontype

Weapon button
- Attach bayonet
- Change barrel
- Unfold stock

Bingo!

Upvote 0
I'd like to be able to adjust sites on rifles... I don't normally snipe myself, but recently on DH I've taken an exception on that Hill map, sniping over huge distances, you have to aim 2 or 3 meters above the target. I'd love to adjust sites like in the tanks for longer distances..(LOL I used to not know you could adjust tank sites and I would use the aiming above technique, I got REALLY good at judging distances and how high I needed to aim after a while)

Upvote 0
For adjustable sights, I think it could be mapped to the existing 'weapon key' that changes bayonet / unfolds stock / etc. but only when you have the iron sights raised.

For example; Player spawns with a K98 and presses Z to attach his bayonet. Then he moves to a window and goes into iron sights, pressing Z again to adjust his sights.

I think simple changes like this can really help new players (only one key to remember) and keep complexity to a minimum.

The alternate sniper fire-mode is a little trickier because it would be needed on the fly when someone pops around the corner too close for scope range. A scope / no scope toggle key is a little too clumsy in these situations. Perhaps holding the iron sights button pulls up the weapon into iron sights and a single click goes into the regular scoped mode?

Upvote 0
As there are probably quite some settings for setting the range on rifles. I think you must be able to cycle up and down, like in tanks currently. If you can cycle only up then you need to press the same butten like 8 times before being back at the start.

Obviously with infantry weaponry the lean key could not be used for that, but adjusting the sights is probably not that important if someone doesnt know how to do it. Personally i think when in ironsight change weapon forward and backward key might work (or maybe keeping this a seperate function)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We dont mean saying which keys do what we mean which functions. Basically combining functions together so there are less total buttons.

You don't need a seperate unfold stock key and attach bayonet key or a seperate change sights key. As a weapon with a bayonet doesnt have an unfoldable stock and multiple sights anyway. And the same for the other functions they generally cannot happen together, and needing to bind say 5 buttons in that case would be unnecessary.

It doesnt matter to me much as its possible anyway to bind even now like

P = Attachbayonet | Unfoldstock | Changesights | Changebarrel

Its just that often loads of seperate buttons for seperate functions can make the game feel cluttered.
While for those that know the game should be able to modify the bindings in the ini etc for a completely customized experience.

And tbh i would prefer it to be bound by that, so people that want to completely customize things can still do so, while the general john doe got an easy button configuration.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although i guess if we discuss this further we should start a thread about it rather than continuing to go offtopic here, as this post was originally about the ability to use ironsights on the snipers. The devs know how to implement it themselves :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alternate firemode
- Change firemode
- Change ammunitiontype

Weapon button
- Attach bayonet
- Change barrel
- Unfold stock

I agree

Upvote 0