• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

IS 2 Versus M1 Abrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 122mm APFSDS can ruin an Abrams day. If it could hit it before the Abram sends a depleted uranium APFSDS right through it.

122mm APFSDS? What's that? Who ever used sabot rounds in 122mm?

The T-10M, or IS-10, had an M-62-TS gun which was chambered for 122mm rounds, but didn't that just shoot the BR-472 APBC & BP460A HEAT?

I think that the only time that T-10s ever got into a tank-on-tank fight was in '67. Not many M1's in Israeli service back then, though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
oh im sure it can destroy it if it had enough time and ammo. it really depends what you consider destroyed though. i mean just about any tank can knock off any other tanks track if it hits right. It could take a abrams out of combat without a doubt with a few well placed shots. hitting optics tracks and maybe right where the turret meets the haul. as far as getting through the main armor of the abrams... i kinda doubt it can destroy it in any realistic amount of time. but enough rounds hitting in the same spot and im sure it could. but then again... you shoot a normal rifle in one spot on a tank a few million times and it will slowly dig a hole through the armor. might take you a few years and a a few million to a few billion rounds but after a while it would do it.

Upvote 0
the abrams would drive along calmly at 50km/h with the autogyro keeping the gun stable with 1 shot the is2 would be gone, bcause it needs to stop to fire because its gun has to auto stabilization like the abrams.. no if the is2 managed to sneeky up on the rear of a abrams and get a shot in .. well i suppose its end of story for those sleeping noobs... chances of that??

Upvote 0
i really doubt it would get through the main armor. even modern tanks have a hard time doing that. The american german french and british tanks now all use this fancy lamiated armor that can pretty much stop just about any tank round fairly effectively. its not perfect but its very good. Now if they hit the same spot twice thats a diffrent story.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.