• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

IS 2 greatest tank of ww2

Pah, you young'uns. You're newbs if you have only joined with the UT 2k4 version of Red Orchestra! Combined Arms noobs, I say. Oh, the good olden times when it was all out infantry warfare on Summer44...

And don't get fooled by the join date of 05, I was there back in 03, but the forums migrated.

But still, the IS2 is undoubtedly the greatest tank that ever graced the earth.
Lol yeah I played the mod pre-Combined Arms. Those were the days ...

Not really. The game is MUCH better now lol.

Upvote 0
Did they have nadespam?
Ummm if you think nade spam is a problem in RO now you should have seen it back then. By comparison there is no grenade spam in RO:OST lol.

Anyone remember the crazy NUKE NADES? Oh yeah good times ...

Anywho, the versions of RO mod before 3.0 were not blessed with the presence of the mighty IS-2 and thus existed in the time of the dark ages.

Upvote 0
7thGuardsTankDiv is actually an IS2 !!!!:IS2:

bowdown.gif_thumb.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If Ratte was small enough to move through a town and was finished AND could even move if so without using most of Germany's WW2 military budget of resources and reichmarks, then Ratte is best tank of WW2.

But because it lacks mobility and more convienent size as well as lacking a cheap cost, IS-3 takes place. IS-3 was available but only by end of WW2.

Upvote 0
Did they have nadespam?

Grenades killed within a 20 meter radius, they were called mini nukes for a reason. The blast radius is either far less effective or less damaging in Roost.

Roost brought a lot of good things but some things in the mod are still better in my opinion.

- The mod got loads of great maps that the retail game never saw.

- In the mod you couldn't see when the enemy entered the cap zone.
Which in roost automatically raises the alarm, so everybody knows to look out for them and throw grenades at the entrances.

- Pre 3.0 you needed more than 1 person to capture a cap zone, meaning that capturing really required teamwork, often shouting N1! or N2 when you needed one or 2 more team mates to cap.

Due to this requirement for capping more cap zones could be open at the same time without having people run around in circles for different cap zones. I still hope that the pre 3.0 capping system will become a server option.

Upvote 0
Fixed. Just doing my job!

Indeed sir, indeed they were tractors, but not of the "slow-moving sitting duck for the IS-2 to poke fun at" variety like the unholy KT - but more like, in the immortal words of the Cosmic Psychos: "Long live Massey Ferguson!"

Since I killed my Mum and Pappy,
You can say I've been very happy,
Any time of any year,
Be on the farm just drinking beer.
Long live Massey Ferguson!

YouTube - Cosmic Psychos Down on the farm

Last edited:
Upvote 0