• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Iron Sky

Nazarov

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 24, 2009
So a few months ago, my friend found a trailer on youtube about alien Nazis. I was intrigued and watched the trailer. It was amusing. So I was excited for once to go to the theathres (haven't been since the 4th pirates movie which was passable at best).
Then I found out wow already released in Europe in April.
Surely, it will be screened in US....NOPE.
So I ordered a british region DVD off Amazon.

So when are we having the Alien Invasion mode for RO2?

P.S. has anyone watched this movie yet? Please no spoilers

Cat_in_da_Hat

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 11, 2006
Yes I have seen it. A great film. Fun, b grade and not trying to be anything but b grade. Aussies helped during the productions and we get a mention a few times throughout. No spoilers !

You will enjoy it.

Nazarov

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 24, 2009
Awesome!
Yeah I noticed it was Finnish-German-Australian film.
That is a winning combination in my book.
Russo-Finnish on the other hand....

Alphons Alphahane

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 22, 2011
I thought it was quite bad. I just wanted a silly sci-fi with great space combat (the combat was quite good and the spacecraft were cool) but instead I got Sarah Palin and humour that mostly reminded me of Scary Movie. I might be a bit too critical though, the movie is Finnish (so am I) and I had followed the development for quite a long time so I did expect a lot.

Nazarov

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 24, 2009
I wasn't aware of this movie at all...hopefully I won't be disappointed.
And hoping the British DVD works on my US DVD player

Trotskygrad

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 14, 2011
on top of corner ruins
I thought it was quite bad. I just wanted a silly sci-fi with great space combat (the combat was quite good and the spacecraft were cool) but instead I got Sarah Palin and humour that mostly reminded me of Scary Movie. I might be a bit too critical though, the movie is Finnish (so am I) and I had followed the development for quite a long time so I did expect a lot.
depends, I know a finnish lady who loved the movie and thought it was one of the best made in that country

to each their own :p

lazerBAR

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 19, 2009
Film was more hype, well made but not that good.

In short 4/10 wuldnt watch again.

Blinde

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 2, 2011
New Zealand
I saw it at a local Film festival, and I laughed out loud. Half the audience was laughing their arses off for the "downfall" scene, and the other half sounded confused. Obviously not having seen enough youtube memes.

It's definitely B grade, but I thought it was loads of fun.

They partially funded it from fan contributions. At least one of my Finnish friends is in the credits as a contributor.