• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

"Iron Sights (Hold)" doesn't always bring up iron sights when held

RenegadePenguin27

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 18, 2019
Category: Code

Reproducibility: Always

Summary: If "Iron Sights (Hold)" is selected, holding down aim doesn't cause the mode to change if the button is initially clicked during certain actions

Description:

1. Make sure "Iron Sights (Hold)" is mapped to a button (in my case I mapped it to right-click, with "Iron Sights (Toggle)" unmapped)
2. Start a match
3. Jump
4. When in mid-air, hold down the iron sights button (mapped in step 1)
5. Observe

OBSERVED RESULT: The game does not transition to iron sights at any point, despite the button being held down

EXPECTED RESULT: The game transitions into iron sights mode at the first opportunity, and stays in that mode while the button is held

Notes:
I've observed this with other actions as well, although jumping is the only one I've been able to get a 100% repro with.

If, after step 4, the player shoots then lets go of the trigger button (with the default left-click mapping), the game automatically transitions into iron sights mode, as expected.

Online/Offline: Both

RenegadePenguin27

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 18, 2019
The issue is when the player lands, they don't go into iron sights. However, if the button is held and the player shoots after landing, the game goes into iron sights.

It seems like after the player lands, the game should go into iron sights since the button is still being held.