• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Iron Front: Liberation 1944

Undramatic and unprofessional. Doesn't seem to have it's own identity either, still looks like ArmA2 with WW2 models to me(which it pretty much is).
Now now, I think it's a tad hasty to judge it that harshly just yet.

Just because they don't do the most dramatic or highest quality trailer work doesn't mean the game is a write off. I can think of many great games that looked terrible from trailers that actually turned out to be fantastic, such as Men of War.

I will admit that it does just look like ARMA2 with WWII stuff. The world textures, animations, and explosions look like they're straight from ARMA2. I'll wait for more actual info and future media to judge this game.

Upvote 0
Undramatic and unprofessional. Doesn't seem to have it's own identity either, still looks like ArmA2 with WW2 models to me(which it pretty much is).

It is pre-alpha footage. That being said, I do have a feeling it will essentially be ArmA 2 (or between ArmA 2 and 3) with WWII weapons. I would hope it is more similar to ArmA 3 considering ArmA 3 seems to be featuring a GUI loadout editor within the mission editor.

Upvote 0
It's nice looking, although my main concern is the same. If there's hardly anyone playing free WW2 mods in ARMA MP now, why would I expect that there would be a bigger community for a $ one? Even if it's better, it's still going to have the same engine issues that stifle the community now. I'd love to see it be a huge success, but I'm doubtful....

Upvote 0
why would I expect that there would be a bigger community for a $ one? Even if it's better, it's still going to have the same engine issues that stifle the community now.

That's exactly how I'm thinking. Hell, it's impossible to get an MP game going with Invasion 1944. When you are lucky to get one going, it feels like a pub server on steroids, with everyone running around with no game plan.

Upvote 0
the arma 2 engine sucks, basically. this looks like a nice effort and a huge improvement over the general look and ineraction of the vanilla engine, but its limitations are also still very visible.

looks like arma 2 set in ww2. doesn't look like there's something other than that going for it.

Upvote 0