• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Iron Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny story behind that forum. We had someone offer to help with 2d art, so being pretty excited, I let him on the team. He then went off on his own thing and made forums and insisted everyone use them, even though we had forum space (and still do) here, http://forums.darkesthourgame.com/
No one on the team used except for him, and I guess some other random people.

I thought you were talking about the DH forums at first, which are pretty nice.

Upvote 0
ay up. is this mod dead? i rekon il be able to help out, my old username was 'halfdigested' but i forgot the password and everythin so hadda re-register. i got a website i made a long time ago for the iron europe mod i showed some of ya, and im learning mapping, so yer want any help? (as soon as i can make a half decent map!)
The mods not dead, we just need skilled people to help with the work, so if you can get back on the forum, apply and we will see what you can offer us.

Upvote 0
Hmm I wonder wether there's any sence in a WW I mod.
Warfare back then was pretty static and all about wave attacks against trenches followed by counterattacks with nearly the same tactics.
So it's basically like Lyes Krovy with even better dug in defenders and attackers that get mowed down by MGs wave after wave.
Don't get me wrong I appreciate the work and for sure would give it a try but I don't think that WWI is such a great backround for a online FPS. That whole war was about bombing the terrain until it was a flat plain with a few craters and then send in waves of infantery. Nothing interesting like city warfare or combined arms. Woods usually were destroyed within hours leaving no trees standing same can be said about villages or smaller cities so even the maps would look all the same.
To cut a long story short, there are "more interesting" wars for a FPS/mod.

Well, in most games that would be true, however, most games don't give you a decent suppression effect, and aren't that gritty, I think that a world war 1 mod would be pretty damn rulish

Upvote 0
Hmm I wonder wether there's any sence in a WW I mod.
Warfare back then was pretty static and all about wave attacks against trenches followed by counterattacks with nearly the same tactics.
So it's basically like Lyes Krovy with even better dug in defenders and attackers that get mowed down by MGs wave after wave.
Don't get me wrong I appreciate the work and for sure would give it a try but I don't think that WWI is such a great backround for a online FPS. That whole war was about bombing the terrain until it was a flat plain with a few craters and then send in waves of infantery. Nothing interesting like city warfare or combined arms. Woods usually were destroyed within hours leaving no trees standing same can be said about villages or smaller cities so even the maps would look all the same.
To cut a long story short, there are "more interesting" wars for a FPS/mod.

i dont think so
there where lots of good scenarios, in east, in west, in south etc

Upvote 0
2d/3d artist applying

2d/3d artist applying

Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:06 pm Post subject: Modeler Texturer applying

Salute! Gentlemen I would love to help where ever I can with this Mod.
I have 5 years of dev work under my belt.

I've worked with-

Targetware(WWI flight sim),
Battlefield 1918(BF42 mod),
IL2,
Orbiter(space flight sim),
FS9,
and my own apps(Dark Basic)

my portflio-http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v459/JABO/Portflio/

my myspace is http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=3755410

my email is [email protected]

thanks for your time guys ~S!~

Upvote 0
Hello, im looking for some 3d modeling / texturing here.

i've been a part of the Targetware team and Urban Warfare.

http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii35/Kahari-portfolio/

theres the link to my portfolio, unfortunatly my last harddrive crashed before i made this portfolio so this pretty much is the only thing i got left there.

Looking forward for a future teamwork.

I'm a friend of Jabber

// Jani Kahari

Upvote 0
Right, finnaly after hundreds of attempts, ive learned the basics of UnrealED (mostly terrain...). And strangly had a dream about a red orchestra ww1 mod (yeah sad i know...). Ive seen no advance in this mod, which im pressuming is dead?. so i want to spark up the interest again. i actually designed a rough website for tha' idea first time round. I can work with photoshop and Partly UnrealED (still learning) and can help with audio ( i have a big audio library, sound effects etc...)
:Dwho is with me?? even if no one is gonna play it cos apperently ww1 was 'boring'.

Upvote 0
Hi. Iron Europe is still being worked on; Iron Europe is not dead.

We can use your help, RO community.

All that involves is PM either me (Gamburd) or CrazyThumbs (he's the Mod Leader), then simply registering as a member at our site, and then we just communicate to each other at the site and through private messaging, and post our work and ideas at the Iron Europe Forum.

We can use folks who want to do historical research for the various maps we are planning (no prior knowledge of First World War
history required), Map Makers, someone who is fluent in French; really just about anyone who would like to help out, we would appreciate your help.

We're still working on the Mod. We are planning our Great Summer Work Offensive 08, so now is the time to sign up and do your bit for the cause.

Whatever time you can give, an hour a week or many hours a week, would be appreciated (we are flexible too, so if you're going on vacation to Spain or doing something else important, or just want some time off, no problem).

If you don't know how to make a map or the other computer skills, but you've always wanted to learn how to make a Map or Mod, we'll help you out.

And it doesn't cost a cent to learn how!

Iron Europe Wants You To Join Today!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Funny story behind that forum. We had someone offer to help with 2d art, so being pretty excited, I let him on the team. He then went off on his own thing and made forums and insisted everyone use them, even though we had forum space (and still do) here, http://forums.darkesthourgame.com/
No one on the team used except for him, and I guess some other random people.

I thought you were talking about the DH forums at first, which are pretty nice.

they are nice... but wont let me register to th DH forumz :( and i had a suggestion for IE.

i would like to see what the ww1 German soldier called "girls from hell" or "angry ladies" In other words i would like to see Scots soldiers wearing kilts into battle. specificly the Gordon highlanders. my great grandfather lied about his age to join. and was later wounded in France when he was shot in the arm.

i am jus a beginner when it comes to modding. but if i were to learn and produce a suitable player model of a ww1 Scots soldier would u consider adding it?

holler at me ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.