• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Iron Crescendo: The 2nd Concerto

Hate to Combo break (sorry for everyones loss, though I am new here). What would I do if I don't have a clan? By being part of IC does that mean I belong somewhere (i.e platoon, company, regiment... etc) regardless of clan? And are regiments (or whatever levels they are I am still not clear because we certainly wont be seeing real division sizes in player counts as cool as that would be) contracted by clans or dictated from the higher ups so anyone can join them.
Thanks for the info.
Btw if any of you play HOI3 that too would be a sick meta game.

Yes. When you join IC, you join a side (Russians or Germans), and within there you are placed into an appropriate division or unit based on your specialty (i.e. Tank divisions, infantry divisions, et cetera and so forth).

As for clans--being in a clan has nothing to do with IC. IC (as far as I remember) is completely separate from clans, so being in a clan or not being in a clan should not affect your placement in IC.

MoFo and any other BFE/IC folks feel free to correct me.

Upvote 0
Yes. When you join IC, you join a side (Russians or Germans), and within there you are placed into an appropriate division or unit based on your specialty (i.e. Tank divisions, infantry divisions, et cetera and so forth).

As for clans--being in a clan has nothing to do with IC. IC (as far as I remember) is completely separate from clans, so being in a clan or not being in a clan should not affect your placement in IC.

MoFo and any other BFE/IC folks feel free to correct me.

Not anything I can see, I never been in a Clan, and I was the German General at one point.

Upvote 0
IC back? No wai. Mofo, I doubt you'd remember me, I was just a lowly Soviet rifleman for one campaign, then on the PC for another, but I made a few medals for the Russian side, and should have them and other media on an old computer. I'll try to boot it up and see what I have. If I'm not mistaken, I should have the majority of the Russian-side medals and badges, and a few of the Germans'. I'll let you know.

Upvote 0
To be a little more pointed, the regiments/companies are decided by the higher-ups along with the criteria to join each (though generally the criteria are just guidelines and they are open to all) Clans do not have any meaning in IC whatsoever so you can join regardless of clan membership. Clans can wear their tags in addition to their ic tags while playing (albeit at the end of their names)

Upvote 0
IC back? No wai. Mofo, I doubt you'd remember me, I was just a lowly Soviet rifleman for one campaign, then on the PC for another, but I made a few medals for the Russian side, and should have them and other media on an old computer. I'll try to boot it up and see what I have. If I'm not mistaken, I should have the majority of the Russian-side medals and badges, and a few of the Germans'. I'll let you know.

Hey Magick,
I certainly remember you as I was a soviet rifleman too and remember a couple of occasions we were fighting together :) Good to see some names I had forgotten

Upvote 0
I signed up just to post here!

I read the thread once, but I still don't really understand it all!

How does this all go? It's one big modded campaign map with territories? It's a modded normal map with differences? It's some really organized team game? How do the players work, is it a timed thing for a specific slot other players are assigned to take when your time is up? Are you set specific times? Do you have only one life and when you die someone else takes your place as a player?

I've either missed all of the information because I am blind or something, or just don't know where to find it! Sorry if I missed something! This all sounds really interesting.

Upvote 0
Haha well thanks for signing up Colour. Let me try to clear up the points you brought up. This is basically a big organized team game. Most of the time we will be using vanilla TW and third party maps but there will be mutators and some custom maps to play on. The battles are set times but the players are not scheduled or anything like that. There is no death limit so you play as long as you like (with the approval of your superiors)

I hope this answers your questions, let me know if you have anymore.

Upvote 0