• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad Iron Crescendo - Campaign Play Open To All

I've seen reference to this but didn't really know what it was. Sounds like a great idea, though. I will indeed sign up and I hope to be an active participant. I took a bit of a break from RO2 but was planning to play a bit more around the holidays.

In my eyes, the best way to explain it would be an organized pub game with better players and a hell of a lot more coordination.

Upvote 0
In my eyes, the best way to explain it would be an organized pub game with better players and a hell of a lot more coordination.

I really like the idea of working toward something (i.e., winning the war). I'm very impressed with RO2.. I love the historic maps, the animations.. the "feel" overall of the game. But when I got busy with work, etc., I have to admit I set the game aside pretty easily because it was starting to feel like just one quick battle after another, sometimes on the same map, for a quick win and some points. I really wasn't getting to know any of the other players and I didn't feel real immersed in the game in terms of the history of Stalingrad, etc. A lot of that is my fault for not taking the initiative to check out different servers and try to get to know people, etc.

Anyway, I digress.. this could be really cool.

Upvote 0
I'm gathering that the Dec. 10 campaign has been postponed - it would be great to get more people, just go to the web site, register on the forum and post in either the "Welcome Back" thread or one of the other more recent threads to let the admins know you want to play.

This seems like a great idea so I hope it takes off. Good luck guys.

Upvote 0
Yes, sorry for the lack of news but the battle has been postponed at least a week (a hospital trip put a damper on my efforts this week to get everything working). I'll be updating the iron crescendo website with more details. In the meantime, I encourage everyone to sign up and give it a try, we're doing our best to give you a better experience in ro2 whatever your feelings on the game may be.

Upvote 0
This weekend we will be hosting an open battle for Iron Crescendo to get people involved and see what we're all about. The TS login information will be made public and all players are encouraged to join. This is also a good opportunity for those of you who have been away from RO and IC to come back, see what changes we've made, and get back into the spirit of IC. I look forward to seeing you all on the battlefield.

We will be playing Red October Factory and Spartanovka. See the Iron Crescendo main page for start times and check the forums for TeamSpeak info.

Upvote 0
original

So, since it looks like the page is down I guess this didn't really take off, sad to know that.

But there is a new tournament with a similar concept, it was originally a campaign for Project Reality and then Forgotten Hope 2 or something, but now they changed it to RO2. We currently have enough players to play the campaigns and its pretty fun, but we need more players to make it even better, and it would be nice if some veterans from IC / BFE checked it out. (Although probably most of you here don't visit the forums anymore)

http://bfewaw.com

If you know about other veterans who could be interested, tell them about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0