• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
I'll stick with my 5 year old Nokia 3310.
What? Nokia still work at that age? :D

I still have all my previous phones. All of them work, except the Nokia's. :p
One of them is a 7 year old Ericsson R320s, and boy it's battery still is live and kicking!
I have a sony phone and it has quite short battery
If you're talking about a Sony-Ericsson, you must have a broken battery or an electronical problem.

My K800i has an official standby time of 350 hours, I almost beaten that, standard battery.
And did I mention I had Bluetooth AND 3G (UMTS) enabled? :D

Sure as hell can't beat my ancient R320s with extra powerful battery but for a telephone with such hardware...

In anycase, the iPhone sounds interesting but I think once it does get full attention and as popular as the iPod they will gradually degrade it and put a heavier pricetag on it.
We all know Apple's marketing strategy from their iPod and accessoires.

Upvote 0
Big waste of money imo. If I want a phone I want it small so it can fit in my pockets, not a 4.5" thing like that, which will make a sizeable bulge in the pocket pressing inwards, and will definitely not be comfortable whilst moving around. It may not be a complete brick - it's pretty rounded, and has nice colours, but it's still a brick at heart.

Big fat things like that never catch on imo. Who knows, maybe the iPod following will take it in... In that case, it'll be a success... Time will tell.

Upvote 0
What? Nokia still work at that age? :D

I still have all my previous phones. All of them work, except the Nokia's. :p
One of them is a 7 year old Ericsson R320s, and boy it's battery still is live and kicking!If you're talking about a Sony-Ericsson, you must have a broken battery or an electronical problem.

My K800i has an official standby time of 350 hours, I almost beaten that, standard battery.
And did I mention I had Bluetooth AND 3G (UMTS) enabled? :D

Sure as hell can't beat my ancient R320s with extra powerful battery but for a telephone with such hardware...

In anycase, the iPhone sounds interesting but I think once it does get full attention and as popular as the iPod they will gradually degrade it and put a heavier pricetag on it.
We all know Apple's marketing strategy from their iPod and accessoires.

Hey hey, my Nokia 3210, which is 9 years old, still works >:|

Upvote 0
Hah, and my prediction turns true. Seems Cisco, owners of the name Iphone will not allow apple to have it.

From the INQ

ASSOCIATED PRESS reports that Cisco sued Apple today over using the iPhone name.

The two companies had talked for a while, but those talks came to naught, and Cisco went ballistic and went to court over the allegation Apple had appropriated its telephonic name.

Cisco wants to injunct sales of any Apple iPhone,

Upvote 0
Why do you activly try to avoid products of high quality?
Afraid that you might save money in the long run?

Thats an old myth, Apple products are not really build to a higher standard, they are made of the same consumer electronics that you will find in other products too, they are good components, yes, but so are the components you find in all other products with a pricetag above "too good to be true".

You are not paying for exceptional quallity when buying Apple, that quallity is easilly matched, even bested, by many others, and often cheaper too, what you are paying for is design and interface.

To Apples credit, interface is something that they are damn good at, and they tend to get it working just that bit more smoothly than others, and they certainly know how to package something so it looks like a million bucks, but they are anything but cost effective.. just take the iPod, very expensive! and what you get is a rather limited Mp3 player with a cool interface, but you could pay half that, and get an Mp3 player with many more features, a good interface, more storage, and equally good sound and build quallity.

Upvote 0
I have a problem with the Iphone. Apple does not own the rights to the name Iphone. Somebody else does :)

(Apple is currently and has been in talks with the owners of the name. Would be kinda funny if they ended up having to rename it because they couldn't buy or lease the rights to it hehe)

Mehhh just call it iCommunicationradio :p

Upvote 0