• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

BicycleRepairMan

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Drammen, Norway
http://www.apple.com/iphone

Bit expensive, will probably be almost twice that here aswell.. also, its Q4 for us euros.. I'm also a bit dissappointed its 4 and 8 gb instead of 30-60 or something, guess a harddrive wont fit to well with the phone and all.. Also iTunes integration 2daMAX!!! NOOO!!. Other than that , looks cool.. very, very, very cool.

awaiting the "overpriced design-crap!!!!111" post.. even tho this time it actually does have alot of features:)

Discuss..

Give it a year or so after release and everyone will have one.

I just got fed up with apple and wanted a change from the ipod (the novelty of it wore off for me) so i got me a samsung yp-k5 instead :D

Although the features on that look pretty good like the way you navigate the lists etc, we shall have to wait and see, i wonder what the battery live will be like?

Also i wish mobile phones were just phones instead of trying to be a million things at once. Fair enough having a camera on it, but using it as a web-browser, gps, mp3 player, pda type thing. I prefer having a device that does 1 thing well rather than 1 device doing lots of things in an 'OK' way. But thats just me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why do you activly try to avoid products of high quality?
Afraid that you might save money in the long run?

I recieved an iPod as a gift from my Japanese host family, and it died on the first day. It then took literally a week on the phone for the people at Apple to realize that it died, and that I had the reciept for it, and that I needed a new one. They said they were sending a new one, and ended up sending a charger. It took another few days on the phone to get them to realize they sent the wrong item. Finally, once I got the new iPod, it also died in a week on me. However, in that time of using it, I didn't like the setup with iPod and iTunes. That and it seems that for the same price, I can buy an MP3 player with more features (Radio, voice recorder, etc) things that I would plan on using, but would have to pay extra for add-ons for an iPod.

My brother has a Samsung YP-K5 which I find quite nice.

Besides that, I've worked with macs in school, and never liked them. I've always found computers much easier and versatile to use for what I like to do, and that the elite following that macs have (people I've talked to in real life) is unwarranted and a turn off to the products. My friend who is a gamer recieved an PowerBook from his parents, an iten that cost $2,000, and while my other friend and I were enjoying games on my computer ($600) and his laptop ($1,200) he was unable to join us due to lack of mac support.

All in all, I've just gotten a bad impression of Apple, and don't care to ever buy from them. There are plenty of really nice alternatives to them that I find perfect for myself, and what I enjoy.

Upvote 0
Apple products arent that high quality. If you look for a minute, you can find all kinds of complaints from people about their iLife products. Like for example in their newer laptops they reportedly slather three times the necessary thermal paste on the chips which actually causes the things to run hotter. Plus numerous other reports of iPod failures, not to mention their not-so-great customer support... so on and so forth.

There are other products that do roughly the same thing as the iPhone - I dont see what the big deal is, unless you are into trendy things.

I own a Nano that was given to me as a gift from my company, works well for what it is, but I'm not personally sold on Apple products being of any higher quality than other companies out there. Also, I dont agree with the business model of shutting out all other pay-for-music sites that Apple does with their iPod and iTunes.

Upvote 0
. Also, I dont agree with the business model of shutting out all other pay-for-music sites that Apple does with their iPod and iTunes.

Thats because some of them arent even licensed.

I own a iPod mini and its quite good. Music quality is excelent but that depends of the quality of the file. It has fallen 2 times on the ground and not even a scratch on it.

Upvote 0
Thats because some of them arent even licensed.

Thats completely irrelevant. They wouldnt have to specify each store, they could just make it "anything goes". Also, its perfectly possible to put "normal" MP3's on the Ipod, legal or not, so thats not the reason they do it, the reason is because they have a BIG market share in mobile MP3 and they exploit it to sufficate other online music stores.

Upvote 0