• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad IP banned just for having a clan tag in name?

GonzoX

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 6, 2006
home.roadrunner.com
Was on EUHELDEN thiis morning and having a ball (I work nights).

Our side was just about to win when me and a few others got permanently IP banned.

When I asked why we were banned I was told that I was recruiting. Which never happened. They told me clans are not allowed on their server. So my understanding is that just having a clan tag in my name got me banned.

I asked them about this but they refuse to email me back.

Isn't this a bit juvenile on their part? Or did admin possibly kick me because we were winning?

I am trying to understand why would a server admin do this?

Almost 50% of tank server players now are in some sort of a clan AFAIK. Players are getting harder to find so wouldn't keeping clan players out be counter-productive and hurt a server?

I just don't get it.:confused:

Stuff like this is going to kill this game IMHO.

Last edited:
There were posts (actually a long thread) about this over at the DH forums as well, same group/server. Tags, players too good, stuff like that, players being banned and then ignored when trying to resolve the issues on their forums.

http://forums.darkesthourgame.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5297

Best to just ignore their servers I suppose.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
there is a 15 pages thread about this server on the frundsberg page, so you can bet that anything resembling a clantag will get you kicked.
Not that it's worth to play there, the players there are playing worse than bots on easiest level.

Yeah I kind of figured this because we were playing on German side of blackdayjuly and were mopping the floor with them.

I think admin there and his friends were trying to spawn camp us but we still kicked their ***es LOL.

Thank God for other servers.

Upvote 0
Ironically I am looking at the EU Helden server right now and I see five of them playing all on German side playing only against bots.

How pitifull is that?

They refuse to play against real live players but get their rocks off playging against bots as if that makes them good players.

Really sad. If I could join the bots they were killing Im sure that they would not think they were such bad-a$$es playing against stupid bots.

IMHO they are the joke of the RO community. :mad:

Upvote 0
Well i sort of understand if they wanna keep rookie server. As on RO there is so much veterans that rookies and new comers will not have even change. How ever maybe they could mention that in server name (Rookies Only) or something.

I think practising against bot with friends is better way than practising alone.

How ever in that case they should make clear rules. Its not fun to get kicked
middle of match without knowing why. Also refuseing email back isnt best
way to run server.

Upvote 0