• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Invisible walls

Adenru

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Console shooter cliche came to RO although I know there were plenty of them in RO2, but they weren't that obvious.
Why am I not able to climb bunker roofs and rocks on RSTE-IwoJima when clearly any human being would be able to do it? So many sniper/machine gunner spots blocked by invisible walls and there aren't many of them.

Yeah invisible walls of Iwo, just WHY. WHY cant I go intop of a bunker? Whats the big deal.

This is one of the reasons why the axis side is so weak on Iwo Jima, there is plenty of potential very good spots but u can't reach them and you are forced to be exposed on a few risky spots, especially on the top of the hill part of this map.

I would love to see this map more open on this part.

Upvote 0
BTW the tops of the bunkers would be an utterly suicidal spot to go. Your head would stick out like a sore thumb, you would die in seconds every time.

You'd be surprised.

This was much used in some maps in DH, like hill 108 and Dog green, I did it and there were always people. You will be shot at some point, but you always get to rack up easy kills from that spot as you have such a clear visual on enemies. You just have to know how and when to peek.
Repeat x times and you end up with nice bunch of kills with positive kd = buy time without wasting too many tickets.

It works just as the bunker windows, you can get enormous killcounts with type 99lmg from there.

This kind of pointless limitation of movement is again an immersion breaker, causes disappointment and frustration.
We pretty much had a freedom of movement in RO1/DH.

Also, everyone with and lmg will try to deploy it on the rocks at some point, only to realize that the map doesn't support it either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0