RS Invisible walls

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Adenru

Oct 21, 2011
Console shooter cliche came to RO although I know there were plenty of them in RO2, but they weren't that obvious.
Why am I not able to climb bunker roofs and rocks on RSTE-IwoJima when clearly any human being would be able to do it? So many sniper/machine gunner spots blocked by invisible walls and there aren't many of them.

Kowalczyk

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 9, 2011
Added to this annoyance, there is another thing that breaks the immersion for me too - a high wall at the edge of a map, but as I go towards it, perhaps a metre away, I get the 'You are leaving the combat area' warning! LET ME GET CLOSE AND TAKE COVER NEXT TO IT!!

Gabbakeisen

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 10, 2011
yeppers, 1foot high rocks you cant walk over, invisible walls, and HEAPS of waist-chest high objects you cant deploy on in all maps :/

K@n@y

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 18, 2011
France
Yeah invisible walls of Iwo, just WHY. WHY cant I go intop of a bunker? Whats the big deal.

This is one of the reasons why the axis side is so weak on Iwo Jima, there is plenty of potential very good spots but u can't reach them and you are forced to be exposed on a few risky spots, especially on the top of the hill part of this map.

I would love to see this map more open on this part.

Jank

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 6, 2007
Redwood City, CA, USA
Never even noticed them.

But if anything like this is going to make you rage-quit, then you're a basket case already.

BTW the tops of the bunkers would be an utterly suicidal spot to go. Your head would stick out like a sore thumb, you would die in seconds every time. THAT is a more understandable reason to rage-quit.

So you should thank them.

Adenru

Oct 21, 2011
I wonder what are the reasons behind invisible walls, I guess this time it's not console limitations, why, Tripwire, why?

May 30, 2012
Espoo - Finland
BTW the tops of the bunkers would be an utterly suicidal spot to go. Your head would stick out like a sore thumb, you would die in seconds every time.

You'd be surprised.

This was much used in some maps in DH, like hill 108 and Dog green, I did it and there were always people. You will be shot at some point, but you always get to rack up easy kills from that spot as you have such a clear visual on enemies. You just have to know how and when to peek.
Repeat x times and you end up with nice bunch of kills with positive kd = buy time without wasting too many tickets.

It works just as the bunker windows, you can get enormous killcounts with type 99lmg from there.

This kind of pointless limitation of movement is again an immersion breaker, causes disappointment and frustration.
We pretty much had a freedom of movement in RO1/DH.

Also, everyone with and lmg will try to deploy it on the rocks at some point, only to realize that the map doesn't support it either.

Last edited: