• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Invisible Barbwire after reimport!

Spaehling

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 13, 2012
Germany
www.spaehling.de
Hello guys,

since a week i got a problem. i need to export a fence and reimport it to udk. that worked fine with the fence-pole. but the fence self makes lots of troubles.

i dont know why. but my material is like the stock material. and in the stock mesh there are much more material groups inside. i work with maya. i know forum is really hard to help, so if someone has a plan he could maybe add me in steam or so.

would be nice if someone can help me.

1. Reimported Mesh 2. Reimported Mesh + Material 3. Stock Mesh
Spoiler!

Stock-Material
Spoiler!

Last edited:
How about the UV map on the fence part? It's easy to accidentally alter or create unwanted UV channels in Maya... you can also run into trouble with meshes exported from the SDK, as they typically have multiple UV sets.

You can view the different channels with the 'UV Set Editor' window in Maya - on version 2010 that's found under the 'Create UVs' menu.

Upvote 0
hey, the uvmap is correct. the texture fits correct without opacity mask or transparent stuff. i didnt give you a lot information about stuff i figured out, but its really hard sometimes to explain it. because i tried a lot stuff.

but i have tried it with a PNG as a Texture and that worked. i need to rework the png a bit and need to test it with lightmap, but if it works i think this is a solution. (thanks GrimReality)

but i still wonder, why it didnt work with the stock material

Last edited:
Upvote 0