• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Inventory system is still broken ( Featuring a broken indicator )

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
  • Sep 20, 2015
    So as the updated rolled out, it added a item server connectivity indicator to see if we still have connection to the item server or not when inventory suddenly dies.

KFGame_2020-09-02_12-56-55.png

KFGame_2020-09-02_12-56-50.png

As you can see the indicator shows that connection is there, but items both in inventory and store are nowhere to be seen.

The way i can reproduce this effect, is either when i launch the game, turn it off and cycle like that 2 or 3 times.... Or if i play any different game in my library (for an hour or so) launch kf2 later and inventory will be like this.

KFGame_2020-10-11_15-35-32.png

KFGame_2020-10-11_15-35-38.png

This happened when my game chocked on launch (by that i mean it froze during loading for a bit and then came back)

This time the item server connection is in red 0... and yet all my items are available, and i can use store no problem... even after playing a match the items did drop for me.

I think the issue is a misconception of what this indicator does, connection to Item (TWI) Server is not connection to Steam Inventory. Item server is the server that delivers items when you craft I suppose.

Maybe it is completely broken which would not be a surprise regarding the last updates on TWI games recently.
    I mean... it can be both.

• Haha
    Reactions: ®omano
    Upvote 0