Inventory system is still broken ( Featuring a broken indicator )

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
So as the updated rolled out, it added a item server connectivity indicator to see if we still have connection to the item server or not when inventory suddenly dies.

KFGame_2020-09-02_12-56-55.png

KFGame_2020-09-02_12-56-50.png

As you can see the indicator shows that connection is there, but items both in inventory and store are nowhere to be seen.

The way i can reproduce this effect, is either when i launch the game, turn it off and cycle like that 2 or 3 times.... Or if i play any different game in my library (for an hour or so) launch kf2 later and inventory will be like this.

KFGame_2020-10-11_15-35-32.png

KFGame_2020-10-11_15-35-38.png

This happened when my game chocked on launch (by that i mean it froze during loading for a bit and then came back)

This time the item server connection is in red 0... and yet all my items are available, and i can use store no problem... even after playing a match the items did drop for me.

®omano

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2009
France
www.hellsoldiers.tk
I think the issue is a misconception of what this indicator does, connection to Item (TWI) Server is not connection to Steam Inventory. Item server is the server that delivers items when you craft I suppose.

Maybe it is completely broken which would not be a surprise regarding the last updates on TWI games recently.

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
I think the issue is a misconception of what this indicator does, connection to Item (TWI) Server is not connection to Steam Inventory. Item server is the server that delivers items when you craft I suppose.

Maybe it is completely broken which would not be a surprise regarding the last updates on TWI games recently.
I mean... it can be both.

• Haha
Reactions: ®omano