• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Invasion of Holland modification

Man I' love to play this. I'm dutch (officially anyway) myself and I can tell you even though in the end we lost we gave those germans a run for their money.

Netherlands:
9 divisions
324 light machine guns
126 medium machine guns
36 anti-tank weapons
676 guns (80% of which were considered extremely outdated)
1 tank (inoperational)
124 aircraft
Total:250-350,000 men (including levies)

7,500 dead, missing or wounded

Germany:
22 divisions
1,378 guns
759 tanks
1150 aircraft
Total: 750,000 men

4,000 dead
3,000 wounded
700 missing
1400 captured (sent to England before we surrendered haha)

We held out officially for 5 days when the Germans had expected to conquer us in 3 or less. Even after the official surrender fighting continued with our Belgian allies and some outposts held out for another week.

Our actions delayed a German army no less than 5 days (and 4 more in Belgium) from its agenda against our allies in Belgium.

Over the course of this battle there were numerous heroic actions for example by the the young depot levies, Kornwederzand, the defense of Grebbeberg and at the Raam-Peel position, one that stretched over 70km and was advised to be held by at least 3 divisions, was held by one solitary, extended division, not even provided with a single modern gun and to its credit was nevertheless able to achieve the same result.

BATTLENETHERLANDS2.JPG

A Dutch anti-aircraft truck (courtesy of wikipedia)
The vehicle was in fact of German origin from WWI which had been captured by the allies in 1918 and sold to the Dutch.

machg9vi.th.jpg

(many of our machine guns were also of German or Austrian origin and again WWI vintage, here we see an Austrian Schwarzelose machinegun in anti-aircraft role)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Diamond said:
Nice pics. I'm also dutch and I would rather like to see vintage equipment than the government buying tomahawk missiles for half a billion. Seriously, why in gods name do we need tomahawk missiles???? Maybe handy when we're going to invade Belgium or something but come on.

Yeah I understand completely..I can hardly imagine another war in Europe, not as long as there is the EU. I mean it really feels like going to Germany or France is just like visiting a neighbour (it is in a way). Europe is too small, too closely knit and too reliant on each other for another modern war. Its like trying to imagine two states in the US fighting each other Louisiana vs Florida or something, its just not going to happen.

But at least our government is still thrifty with the tanks, all of our tanks are 2nd hand German Leopards.

Upvote 0
turbografx16 said:
Ah the Maxim Pom-Pom anti-anticraft gun and the MG1907 Schwarzlose... Gotta love 'em. :D

When worluk can help us with the stationary machinegun code we might op in the Schwarzlose, the Vickers K and various other material used...

At this point we have pictures of the:
  • Geweer. Mannlicher. M.95. (M1895 Sch

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
What is your collection until now? Do you know this book?

Titel: Nederlandse vuurwapens / G. de Vries.
Deel: [1]: Landmacht en luchtvaartafdeling, 1895-1940
Auteur: Guus de Vries (1962-); Bas J. Martens (195:cool:
Jaar: 1993
Uitgever: Amsterdam : De Bataafsche Leeuw
Annotatie: ill
Met lit. opg
Omvang: 293 p
Formaat: 29 cm
ISBN: 90-6707-313-X geb.

The anti-aircraft gun is a Krupp gun. Called 6 TL in this configuration. Actually it is a 5,7 cm gun that started its life as kazemat geschut, a gun for bunkers in fortifications.

I don't know about the truck, but a book mentions Berna as a tractor for four wheeled platforms.

Upvote 0
Deadparrot said:
What is your collection until now? Do you know this book?

Titel: Nederlandse vuurwapens / G. de Vries.
Deel: [1]: Landmacht en luchtvaartafdeling, 1895-1940
Auteur: Guus de Vries (1962-); Bas J. Martens (195:cool:
Jaar: 1993
Uitgever: Amsterdam : De Bataafsche Leeuw
Annotatie: ill
Met lit. opg
Omvang: 293 p
Formaat: 29 cm
ISBN: 90-6707-313-X geb.

The anti-aircraft gun is a Krupp gun. Called 6 TL in this configuration. Actually it is a 5,7 cm gun that started its life as kazemat geschut, a gun for bunkers in fortifications.

I don't know about the truck, but a book mentions Berna as a tractor for four wheeled platforms.
Hmm... I thought Krupp didn't make 5.7cm guns...
I do have information about the Krupp 3.7cm Pompom anti-aircraft gun based on the Russian Maxim-Sokol mechanism.

Upvote 0
A few more resources:

Combat reports, German attack plans, etc
Pics
Lots of more great photos
Videos
Weapons of the Dutch army
More German combat reports

Plenty of resources on those two sites. I'm excited to see a realistic portrayal of our country in the war! :)

EDIT: I don't know about you guys, but looking at those photos I think locations like that would really work out for intense fights. If you're really serious about this, consider contacting the webmasters.

wageningen_winkelstraat.jpg

luchtfoto01.jpg

ss_wageningen_02s.jpg

SS soldiers in Wageningen with stolen bicycles.

Mijn beppe's fiets hebben ze ook gestolen, verdomde moffen!:p

Last edited:
Upvote 0