• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Interrupting reloads - needs to be fixed

M55ikael

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 11, 2011
The reloading is really killing me. Even though it is flawed you can actually interrupt the reloading by sprinting, so simply pressing the fire button while reloading should do the same.

Of course it would have been nice if the rounds you just loaded would stay in the mag/chamber even though you interrupted it. It is also exceptionally daft that you can't actually melee while reloading as well. It is a real problem for me, and I'm not even a sniper.

Yes, I know that "realism isn't as important as fun!" Let me tell you, nothing is less fun then watching your idiot soldier continue to load bullets as the enemy charges his position.

Someone just suggested that when your in the middle of reloading, and you try to fire you drop your gun and pull out your pistol. I approve of it.

Playing in realism servers much? You can't head-butt people with grenades right? Anyway, personally the most annoying thing is not being able to load a single bullet in the chamber for an urgent shot.

Upvote 0
I say let it be as it is.

What I hate is being stuck reloading when someone is moveing up on me, rather just sprint and go meele instead of haveing to drop my rilfe, bring up "a backupweapon I dont have as rifleman" and die.

The trouble is, you're not able to sprint outright if you're behind cover or in an exposed position where going forward is not something you want to do.

If you're loading one bullet at a time, then allow the player to be able to stop before the clip is full. In reality you wouldn't keep on loading bullets into your gun when you see an enemy bayonet charging you :p

Exactly, when the animation loads one bullet at a time you should be able to stop whenever you like and have the bullets you loaded stay there. I don't see how having your character load bullets in the rifle that promptly disappear upon sprinting is not destroying immersion for everyone else seeing how pedantic people are on here.

Upvote 0
If you're loading one bullet at a time, then allow the player to be able to stop before the clip is full. In reality you wouldn't keep on loading bullets into your gun when you see an enemy bayonet charging you :p
<shameless plug>This is already a feature of Rising Storm</shameless plug>

;)

Reactions: Timppaface
Upvote 0