Internet Dies on Server Refresh...

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

DiedTrying

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 17, 2011
USA Prime Credit
I have no idea why it does this. I refresh server list and nothing pops up as usual just like the beta. So I have to close the game, and in the meantime I check some websites and my internet won't work. I have to restart my modem...then I get back on steam then back into the game, and hope the server browser works so I don't have to do it all over again....

justme2024

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 4, 2011
interestingly enough mine died mid-game, alt-tabbed and couldnt really browse, closed the game and then could browse fine, this didnt happen in the beta for me either, not sure why its happening

Cruzifix

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 28, 2009
I have the same problem.

Also happens when joining any server. It seems like my internet cuts off for a couple seconds. I'll lose connection to my ventrilo server and won't be able to connect to webpages.

Ziggurattus

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 8, 2011
Hello that happens with some routers , most games nowadays have some method of freshing the list slower so it won't cause that problem (steam games don't cause that problem anymore) .

If i use my router i get the same problem , fine with my modem , hopefully TWI can do something about it since sadly there are alot of routers that show this problem .

Vomi

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 12, 2011
Same problem here.
I used to have this problem with Wolfenstein ET, but it was long time ago.

Dcode

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Sheffield, UK
Its really freaking annoying.

At least the Steam server browser now supports RO 2.

I would use this for the time being.

DZ302

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 2, 2011
Having the same problem...All of a sudden servers stop loading and I realize my internet is down and have to go reset my modem.

Very frustrating and something that should not be happening.

Luf7w4ffl3

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 22, 2011
OP, the problem is your router, 100% sure.

The server browser uses too many connections, I can assure you if you plug in your PC directly to the modem you will not have this problem.

Protip: If you have Verizon FiOS as your ISP, the default router they lend to you does not have this problem.
(Assuming you even live in the USA.)

Last edited:

DiedTrying

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 17, 2011
USA Prime Credit
Well, when my g/f is home, plugging directly into PC is not an option (playing games really isnt an option either)

Guess I'll give it a shot next time I play though.

TacticalTaco

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 4, 2011
I've had this happen with Steam's built-in server browser before. It was a router issue.
The router was a old linksys and wasn't built to handle the amount of traffic. The same thing would happen when downloading at high speeds..it would also only download at roughly our max speed. It also just couldn't handle our relatively-fast cable internet..me playing a game would cause everyone else's connection to slow to a complete and painful crawl.
Bought a D-link gaming router years ago and not one damn problem since.

rss0900

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 15, 2011
Same issue here except I played all last night without issue. Unable to connect to any server today/tonight. Interent connection keeps terminating. Using a Westell 6100 modem/router, are you telling us we have to buy a new modem to use MP?