• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Interesting Rakowice tactic

I was playing Rakowice yesterday. I was German. The Allies had captured the Perimeter Defenses, and we were spawning in an underground bunker that had only one exit.

A Russian named 'super_bibi' would get into a BA64, and drive it across the map. He would drive his car into the bunker entrance, so the Germans were trapped inside. This would happen for the entire round. We were forced to suicide nade him because of his DP that was firing into the tunnel. :eek:

On an interesting note, super_bibi's armored car flipped over once, and our Mark IV was pushing him along like a bulldozer.

Has anyone seen this happen before?

People like that get on my nerves i swear they probadly spend more time looking for map exploits then playing the game he deserves a ban no doubt that's simply not in the spirit of the game. Maybe the devs could put a panserfuast down there or another exit to counteract a tactic a few idiots determined to ruin the game will use. Piece of advice for the future though dont discuss or describe these kind of tactics on the general forums some idiots might get ideas just pm one of the devs so they make necessary changes to stop these tactics or at least be aware that this can happen.

Upvote 0
Although it is clearly dependant on the player to make it a fun experience I would definately call this a map flaw. Just yesterday in the BFE scrim we had enemies firing from the hanger windows and calling artillery on the doorway as well as putting a tank on the airstrip effectively keeping us in the spawn. Normally this wouldn't be a problem because you can just avoid that door and find another way out. However, on Rakowice at this spawn point there is only a single exit which is definately a problem. Personally I would create a few more bunker hallways that exit to different spots.

Upvote 0
Simple solution? Just make the respawn time for the BA-64 longer on all maps! It penalizes players for being dumbasses by preventing them from being smacktards every 15 seconds. And they can still respawn but now they will be punished and have to walk. Ultimately making the BA-64 a less abused vehicle.

Upvote 0
-=OTR=-Pfc.Jackson said:
I was playing Rakowice yesterday. I was German. The Allies had captured the Perimeter Defenses, and we were spawning in an underground bunker that had only one exit.

A Russian named 'super_bibi' would get into a BA64, and drive it across the map. He would drive his car into the bunker entrance, so the Germans were trapped inside. This would happen for the entire round. We were forced to suicide nade him because of his DP that was firing into the tunnel. :eek:

On an interesting note, super_bibi's armored car flipped over once, and our Mark IV was pushing him along like a bulldozer.

Has anyone seen this happen before?

hi jackson.

i was there too. and "super bibi" realy sucked hard.

but as i can remember the bunker the germans start has a rear exit with a blast door.

on russian side a saw one blocking that entrance with a SDKFZ so we russians could not take the tunnel to the tower.

Upvote 0
Tanks, Panzerfaust, PTRD, or Sappers will handle those "problems" nicely. I can't imagine a guy doing that over and over the whole round. I would've bought a ticket for him for a deathride to hell ASAP! Didn't any of your teamates keep a watchful eye out for the joker? I've never come across a cheap tactic that can't be overcome one way or another.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
DrGuppy said:
Although it is clearly dependant on the player to make it a fun experience I would definately call this a map flaw. Just yesterday in the BFE scrim we had enemies firing from the hanger windows and calling artillery on the doorway as well as putting a tank on the airstrip effectively keeping us in the spawn. Normally this wouldn't be a problem because you can just avoid that door and find another way out. However, on Rakowice at this spawn point there is only a single exit which is definately a problem. Personally I would create a few more bunker hallways that exit to different spots.
Well there is a second Exit, you'd just have to use a Satchel to open it, sure this will help the enemy later, but its not like one can prevent the Opening of the Command Blast Door.

EDIT

And there is also the T34 to take care of enemy Tanks.

Upvote 0
A few weeks ago, we had huge problems with a moron called [RO.RU]FL1NT - he was german, and took the StuG and placed it infront of the door (trapping his team mates). Even worse was that the guys on our teams that had panzerfaust and all that were morons as well - so they refused to help us.

Well, if I ever see people do stuff like this it's a ban for sure. Those people just ruin the fun in the game.

Oh, and about Rakowice, it's an awesome map if you just have some teamwork going!

Upvote 0
sounds like a legit tactic to me..you can blow up those little cars with nades ...whats the big deal?

this is where i split with the realism crowd, i would like to be able to use almost any tactic available with the limitation being my creativity.....i am against certain things like if something is seriously unstoppable because of some kind of flaw, but minor things like this that just take more effort to overcome i dont think should be off limits....pardon me if i am mistaken and for some reason you couldnt blow up the car, but ive blown them up with nades many times

Upvote 0
JUST AN OBSERVATION (Without Malice)

JUST AN OBSERVATION (Without Malice)

Let me just apologize first cause I have a feeling this may ruffle some feathers.
I'm sorry but I've seen time and time again that this game is based on realism and this is a good example when I see it as been "outsmarted" and then someone is upset. Why shouldn't a player (based on realism) be able to outsmart his enemy? Isn't intelligence a big part of war? According to the story he was trapping an enemy. It's not like he was being a dick and doing it to his own team mates, of course that would be unacceptable. C'mon man, ya can't have your cake and eat it too. If this happened to me I'd be thinking " well you cagey bastard, good for you but now I gotta figure out how you must die"
It's like the scene in Saving Private Ryan when their storming the beach, people getting killed all over and the one guy yells out "just give us a fricking chance" I feel for ya but tough man, it's fricken war, and I'm gonna do whatever, to do YOU, before you do ME.

That been said, I've said this before as well. So just where do you draw the line? Where does the realism stop and the gaming begin. It is after all just a game but is it real? How much realism can one incorperate into a game until it just becomes a game again?
I would like to hear your thoughts. Does anyone feel this way? Or tell me why you disagree and how you look at it.

Good Gaming ! ! !
;)

Upvote 0
Jamer said:
Let me just apologize first cause I have a feeling this may ruffle some feathers.
I'm sorry but I've seen time and time again that this game is based on realism and this is a good example when I see it as been "outsmarted" and then someone is upset. Why shouldn't a player (based on realism) be able to outsmart his enemy? Isn't intelligence a big part of war? According to the story he was trapping an enemy. It's not like he was being a dick and doing it to his own team mates, of course that would be unacceptable. C'mon man, ya can't have your cake and eat it too.If this happened to me I'd be thinking " well you cagey bastard, good for you but now I gotta figure out how you must die"
It's like the scene in Saving Private Ryan when their storming the beach, people getting killed all over and the one guy yells out "just give us a fricking chance" I feel for ya but tough man, it's fricken war, and I'm gonna do whatever, to do YOU, before you do ME.

Does anyone feel this way? Or tell me why you disagree and how you look at it.
I agree completely. I never cry "BS" or "quit spawn camping" or quit using the ba64 as a blocking device/mobile satchel despenser. Just kill the bastard and be done with it! That's my view...as long as the guy is killable "all is fair in love and war" the old saying goes. If people want to use what's considered cheap tactics, let them! All the more fun for me when I kill em and beat them back to their last objective.

Upvote 0
Let's face it guys, it's a map flaw. When you destroy the BA64 it turns into a static mesh that still blocks the only door out for a while. Additionally the blast doors are there to serve as a defensive barrier that the enemy has to take out. There is no logic in having to destroy your own barriers just to exit out of the spawn. I consider the spawn area to stop when the player has any kind of choice as to where to go, once he makes a choice he can be exit camped for all I care. On Rakowice there is only one door and if you can be killed before exiting that door it's spawncamping.

Upvote 0
One time as germans on this map I took the halftrack and parked it in front of the blast door at the perimeter defenses after the door had been blown to prevent the russians from going down their and capping the whole place under our noses. Holding the perimeter defenses as long as possible is crucial to the germans. But it is just a temporary thing until a sapper or tank blows me up.

Upvote 0
Easy to deal with, find another server to play. Life is too short to play with f-tards and sometimes, you get em on servers so you just switch to another server untill you're happy with the gameplay.

If frequent enough you will just llok at the players names listed for a server before joining and base your joining decisioin on that.

There are some really lame players out there ATM. Maybe they'll get a clue, maybe not. The joy of increasing your player base, more targets, the downfall is less co-operation and team work needed to win maps.

Upvote 0