• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Integration of ServerPerks

Hemi

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 30, 2010
Or something similar that creates a perk progression system local or dedicated, that can be edited by the clients or serveradmins. Disabling achievements offcourse.

"Then why not just download serverperks?"

Because most of the playerbase doesnt really understand what the hell they are supposed to do when a gametype doesnt support perks (or isnt whitelisted), let alone setup a version of serverperks local.

Maybe hooking it up to the sandbox mode might be a good option? Just some sort of custom perk enabler would be great. Were a client can create a local saved database for himself with perks enabled, so he can play gametypes solo and still feel special lol.

Ive talked about this a while ago with Yoshiro, maybe they have something comin in the future that could support custom gametype perk progression. :)

I also ask this because our Aliens mod is just around the corner, and looking at the amount of n00bs on steam...I can see a shtstorm at the horizon...lol

:)

ps : whitelisting the gametype is a bit tricky as most gametypes change the way the game is played, and well...can be a bit harder to master sometimes :p

Maybe you make clarity about it?

Because most the user base is to lazy to actually read. You could have it all in the description and they will still ask. They want to click one button and have it work. (Don't really blame them these days, they've been conditioned into expecting it.)

I would like to see some sort of localised perk system myself. It'd be handy for testing perks.

Maybe have different coloured icons and a hint so it's REALLY obvious that you are using a local system.

Upvote 0