• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

• It's Great! Check it out...NOW!!!

Votes: 55 26.6%
  • It's just OK -- worth downloading but...

Votes: 95 45.9%
  • It sucks buckets...

Votes: 57 27.5%

• Total voters
Why does the FN FAL in that pic have its carrying handle in that position? Doesn't it fold to the right side, under the ejection port, so it won't get in your field of view when firing? Anyways, yeah I am looking forward to this mod with much anticipation. Though I'm gonna have to turn off all those pretty effects, my pc can barely get 30 fps in CSS on medium settings with a custom config too =/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It seems like I've been following this mod since forever. The pretty screenshots are nice, but we all know that means squat.

I check out their forums every so often, but I've never seen even a hint that this thing will ever leave Alpha.

Any testers here? Does it play well (I know you're prolly gagged, but I'd just like to see a name I recognize give us a clue)? Any general idea when this thing may be released in an open Beta?

Again, I searched their new forums for clues, but there's no information.

Upvote 0
It seems like I've been following this mod since forever. The pretty screenshots are nice, but we all know that means squat.

I check out their forums every so often, but I've never seen even a hint that this thing will ever leave Alpha.

Any testers here? Does it play well (I know you're prolly gagged, but I'd just like to see a name I recognize give us a clue)? Any general idea when this thing may be released in an open Beta?

Again, I searched their new forums for clues, but there's no information.

It's not like that, its just the Insurgency dev team has no concept of the word 'Public Relations'. They make fantastic work, but are so paranoid about something that they don't show any of if unless they are squeezed to death by the community.

Upvote 0
http://insurgency-clan.com/insmod/insurgency_m14.jpg

I hope they allow the M14 to be used without a scope.
Doubtful, they're aiming for realism and realistically the M-14 isn't used as anything but a sniper rifle these days (by the US I mean). I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that FAL as an insurgent though, let's see the foreign devils body armour stop that baby <evil grin>

You're correct about the handle too Byte Me, it folds down below the ejection port unless you grab it and carry the rifle with it. At least it's like that on the SLR (which is a FAL variant).

I remember a while ago I tried to register on the ins forums but it wouldn't let me reply to or post anything in any part of the board, even after I had followed the registration steps properly. I even emailed them and got some poorly typed response laying out the steps to register in idiot-proof detail, even though I told them I had already done this. So I just gave up lol.

I'll play it when it's out though :D

Upvote 0
I remember a while ago I tried to register on the ins forums but it wouldn't let me reply to or post anything in any part of the board, even after I had followed the registration steps properly. I even emailed them and got some poorly typed response laying out the steps to register in idiot-proof detail, even though I told them I had already done this. So I just gave up lol.

I'll play it when it's out though :D

yes. from the short snipplets I've seen of their community it's a group of retards.

We salute you Amerikaner

total retards

Upvote 0
I was on the test team when the testers version was first released and i cant say much becuase of the nda but i liked it alot for a modern Iraq conflict mod. It kind of reminded me of RO in some ways but i guess because some of the original team that created RO are working on INS and the fact that allot of the newer realism games are going to take something from RO.
As for the community there was alot of gun ho nuts and there was alot of vids and pics of US soldiers shooting stuff which i didnt mind it was just some of the posts put up after that were a bit crazy and stupid. The dev team were cool couldnt really say anything bad about them a big LO goes out to Argyl.

Pile.

Last edited:
Upvote 0