• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Installing a Red Orchestra 2 Stand Alone Dedicated Server

Thanks for your help but I have one stumbling block.

Where do I type this piece of information:

Starting the Server

Use the batch file downloaded with the server or create your own. To launch a server with default settings on Territory Apartments use the following batch script:
start .\Binaries\win32\rogame te-Apartments?minplayers=0?maxplayers=32? -seekfreeloadingserver

Upvote 0
This is inside the batch file (you can edit it in a text editor) which is inside the installation folder. RO2Server.bat double click on it after you edited it.

The Wiki is not updated since the last major update, the file RO2Server.bat (which is used to start the server) now contains this:

PHP:
start .\Binaries\win32\rogame te-Apartments?minplayers=0?maxplayers=32?adminpassword=123 -brewedloading

-brewedloading is now used instead of -seekfreeloadingserver

You can change the map the server starts on (apartments/barracks/grainelevator/etc...), the number of bots (minplayers) the number of slots (maxplayers), the admin password (you can delete this part if you prefere to configure it in the ROGame.ini) and you can add for examples the mutators you want to load with the server (?mutator=blablabla.blablamutator).

Basically you can just double click on this file to launch server without modifying it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry for the bump, I'm just really frustrated. I'm trying to run both a RS1 GOTYE server, and an R2V Server on the same ip, but I need to change the ports...
So I need to figure out the command-line parameters for changing join port, query port, steam port, etc.
Any insight on where to find these commands would be helpful. I've been looking everywhere.. thank you for your time.

Upvote 0
Thank you omano for making me take a fourth look. I knew something had to be wrong because I've done this several times before over the years.

For other server owners wishing to install Ro2:HoS via SteamCMD, keep in mind; while other Steam games allow you to install their server files logged in as "anonymous", you must login with YOUR steam username and password, specifically, for these files. So, if you, like me, have an automated batch installer, either update it with your steam info, or be sure to run SteamCMD itself and run each line manually.

----
Edit: Perhaps you or someone else can also answer this: Can we still have our servers become ranked? Or is that even looked at by your staff at all anymore?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As wiki said, a simple new steam account is OK, you can create one for SteamCMD.

Ranking system is now officially not supported, only those who were ranked years ago still keep their ranking, but as far as I know they refuse completely to rank new servers for now, which is a real shame, it kinda disgust me that they don't want to spent two minutes to add a few lines of new IP in their system.. here is a quote I received in private from a former RO 2 server admin:

Kittenmittens Today, 10:57 AM

We have moved focus to other projects and are no longer accepting applications for ranked RO2 servers.

what a shame, what a shame. Shame on you TWI.

edit: pretty sure they do that to kill RO 2 for good and bring the players to RS 2. I don't think that's going to happen those who want to stay on RO 2 will stay, just they now can't level up anymore and unlock the ingame content locked behind this stupid progression system.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Couldn't be further from the truth (well you could). It comes down to manpower, time in keeping a system supported for a game that is no longer being supported in anyway.

One of the reasons we moved away from a system like this in RS 2 was due to the drawbacks over time that we learned with Red Orchestra 2.

Upvote 0
I don't believe in the 'manpower problem', OK I don't know how the system works. But really? it costs that much man power to add an IP to a whitelist? Really? No I don't believe it.

I know many huge server community hosters who left completely hosting RO 2 because they couldn't have this progression system enabled on their new machine (that they upgraded to have better RO 2 servers :awkward:..)

That is really a shame

Last edited:
Upvote 0