• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Installing a Red Orchestra 2 Stand Alone Dedicated Server

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
Previous information on how to install RO 2 dedicated server files via HLDS is now obsolete. RO 2 now uses the new Steam Command tool. Please view the article on the wiki for RO 2 dedicated server install and basic options for admins to tweak.

http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?title=RO2_Dedicated_Server

Feel free to add to the article or add new articles about admin-ing and dedicated servers.

Major_Day

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 16, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
Does this mean that the servers we are running at the moment will be obsolete and can't be updated? and a server will have to be re-installed using the new method?

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
Yes. The new server files are only available through Steam Command.

Cat_in_da_Hat

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 11, 2006
Anyone know if Steam Command can be integrated into TCAdmin ? In a similar way that the Steam Update could be integrated into TCAdmin.

Kinsman

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 2, 2011
Australia
so I put "login gauserver ourpassword" and the login fails, what now?

Its the exact same login that runs steam on our dedicated server, so I have no clues.

Tried my personal account, it fails too.

Last edited:

MiB

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 10, 2006
Russia
www.redorchestra.ru
If you have this problem:
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
SteamUpdater: Error: Download failed: http error 0
[ 0%] Download complete.
[----] Verifying installation...
[ 0%] Downloading update...
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[ 0%] Download complete.
SteamUpdater: Error: Steam needs to be online to update. Please confirm your network connection and try again.
[ 0%] !!! Fatal Error: Steam needs to be online to update. Please confirm your network connection and try again.
Try this:
Internet explorer -> Connections -> LAN settings -> Proxies -> Auto detect

evolution

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 16, 2009
Russian, Moscow
C:\steamcmd>steamcmd +update_ro2_ds.txt
main.cpp (363) : Assertion Failed: Looks like steam didn't shutdown cleanly, sch
eduling immediate update check
Assert( Assertion Failed: Looks like steam didn't shutdown cleanly, scheduling i
mmediate update check ):..\steamexe\main.cpp:363

[ 0%] ╨Я╤А╨╛╨▓╨╡╤А╨║╨░ ╨╜╨░ ╨╜╨░╨╗╨╕╤З╨╕╨╡ ╨╛╨▒╨╜╨╛╨▓╨╗╨╡╨╜╨╕╨╣...
[ 0%] ╨Ч╨░╨│╤А╤Г╨╖╨║╨░ ╨▓╤Л╨┐╨╛╨╗╨╜╨╡╨╜╨░.
[----] ╨Я╤А╨╛╨▓╨╡╤А╨║╨░ ╤Г╤Б╤В╨░╨╜╨╛╨▓╨║╨╕...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam3...OK.
Loading Steam2...OK.
>>> command not found: update_ro2_ds.txt

G_Sajer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 4, 2011
Minnesota
It is beginning to appear that some server vendors either didn't get the word on the HLDS change or chose not respond to the need. I and at least one other admin is struggling with this right now. It may be awhile before any of us gets our platforms back in operation.

Kinsman

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 2, 2011
Australia
I feel your pain, took me a day to adapt from HLDS to SteamCMD.

I dont know how to check versions in SteamCMD sorry, I just check it for updates daily.

Aggamemnon

FNG / Fresh Meat
This is a real pain. I am on the Server mailing list and never received any information about this whatsoever?

I have just got onto my Hosting Company to deal with this issue and hopefully get my RO2 Server Re-Installed and up and running again.

I always thought that Valve had some issues with their TF2 Updates, but this has changed my mind.:(

I have been running a fairly successful RO2 Server in Australia for some time now and was happy with the way things were. I would hope that this is worth all the drama that I will have to go through to get my server back up, running and ranked again?

My real concern is why I did not receive an email from Tripwire announcing these changes and the proceedures that were needed to be followed to get it all updated and working again?

Kinsman

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 2, 2011
Australia
Who is your host? Seems like lots of the majors have not bothered updating, either that or they are still struggling with changes in TCAdmin Panel.

Floyd

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 19, 2006
Waterproof
www.ro50pc.net
This is a real pain. I am on the Server mailing list and never received any information about this whatsoever?

I have just got onto my Hosting Company to deal with this issue and hopefully get my RO2 Server Re-Installed and up and running again.

I always thought that Valve had some issues with their TF2 Updates, but this has changed my mind.:(

I have been running a fairly successful RO2 Server in Australia for some time now and was happy with the way things were. I would hope that this is worth all the drama that I will have to go through to get my server back up, running and ranked again?

My real concern is why I did not receive an email from Tripwire announcing these changes and the proceedures that were needed to be followed to get it all updated and working again?
You might want to check your junk email folder. TW announced to server admins via the mailing list the update and the how to use SteamCMD. They did this a few days before the update went live and even gave admins the chance to get setup with the final build BEFORE it went live.

Or perhaps you were inadvertently purged from the list?

The Beast (nl)

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 2, 2006
The Netherlands
I have found the steam.cmd file in my windowsexplorer. I could
install it. But when i have run it it flips away so i can`t do anything.

But 1 step further........

KUZNIA_GRACZY

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 21, 2011
bad login and password

bad login and password

from the start of the game of roadsteads orchestra 2 we have own serwer.Po for finishing touch I cannot take the latest version of wads of the server. I ask for adding of my login name "KUZNIA_GRACZY" to the base and for sending me the respective data to the email to log on and of starting the server.
my ip server:212.106.167.10