• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Inside vehicles

I would also like to see an animation for exiting a Halftrack, it feels sorta cheesy when people just magically pop into existance next to a halftrack, and I would also love to see an animation for when people exit a halftrack while it is driving fast and they kind of tuck and roll, instead of just jumping out and landing on your feet perfectly:rolleyes:

I'm quite certain that got confirmed at some point, that there would be exit animations for HT's, though i don't remember where that was said, the Igromir videos maybe? Something just prior to that? I can't really remember, but i do remeber hearing it (and that's probably why they won't be in the initial release, it takes time. No mention of secondary exits though).

As for exiting moving vehicals, like Slavek said, it could be done similar to how UT3 handled people falling off the Hoverboard, basically, it just sent the player model into ragdoll mode for a few seconds and you'd tumble around, and then you'd get back up after a few seconds and regain control (though you'd often take a bit of damage in the fall aswell).
That could work, and we know it can be done on the engine.

Upvote 0
I would not mind losing control over my character for a sedond or two if that means one would get proper animations. To exit behind the Halftrack would be very helpfull in battle anyway.

an animation isn't loss of control. reloading your weapon is an animation. mantling over an object is an animation. features like tripping is loss of control.

Upvote 0
Wouldn't be so easy to just spray APCs if the troops inside could stand up over the edge and shoot.

TBH that would be an excellent feature to include with the ones in OP.

Also this video shows pretty well how important something like that is, for the tankers side I mean :p

YouTube - Wabash Raging on Arad

Edit: Damn, the link is getting destroyed automatically, it's at 1 minute

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't think that people should be able to shoot out of vehicles, that would end up with them being used for ppsh and mp40 drive-bys, maybe even mgs. Fill the vehicle and its a fast-moving gun platform:(

I do think that everyone should exit from the back by default and maybe have an option to vault out over the side, but have it activated by a separate key. maybe the same key thats used to vault cover from the cover system.

Also, it would be very useful to be able to reload or switch weapons inside the vehicle

Upvote 0
Welp, if TWI makes the half-tracks less of a smooth ride it shouldn't be much of an issue.

Also, weren't the troop carriers in Ostfront a pain in the rear to maneuver in reality? I can't imagine tracked vehicles of that size were particularly easy to get around in, let alone shoot out of while moving.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Welp, if TWI makes the half-tracks less of a smooth ride it shouldn't be much of an issue.

Also, weren't the troop carriers in Ostfront a pain in the rear to maneuver in reality? I can't imagine tracked vehicles of that size were particularly easy to get around in, let alone shoot out of while moving.

Then again, I doubt they'd get tipped so easily by BA-64s.

I've been in a Hanomag before, but not at full speed. Spray and pray with a SMG would be much more preferable than lining up the shot with your K98k in a moving halftrack that has to move around. Same goes for Universal Carriers.

Upvote 0
Maybe instead of animation let us walk out ourselves??

That would depend on how will the engine handles such a thing.

Most game engine's don't handle players walkin on/in moving vehicals well at all, and all kinds of wierd bugs and glitches can result from it. I honestly don't know how well UE-3 would get along with it, it might work, or it might be a bugfest waiting to happen, i don't know..

Upvote 0