• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Initial Review/Thoughts

Disclaimer:
Spoiler!

So I fired up my OUYA and was greeted by KF:C on my front page (handy). A quick install later, I'm in game.

Initial thoughts were that while being a little low in it's display resolution it did not detract but seemed to give the game a somewhat gritty feel. Which is good I thought as KF is about the gritty feel.

I started with the tutorial and was smiling by the first opening line from the instructor, the humour, was for me at least, right where it should be. Going for the satire rather than slapstick. (Which anyone that hangs round the board has probably picked up on has been my biggest complaint about KF.)

Tutorial completed and into game and I was pleased with how it still very much felt like KF despite the top down view. Enemies were like old friends and things were got hectic quickly. The conversion to top down was worked out mechanical very well. Headshot mechanics worked in smoothly, I'd imagine the lock on time for headshots decreases for sharpie as they level.

Although I call bull**** on the Patty's airstrike attack. I didn't see that coming till the rockets were already landing on my head.

It runs smooth and doesn't drop frames like some OUYA topdown horde games have.

Negatives:

Not to sure atm about the $15 price tag atm $10 and I'd snap it up. (Could be because I just did my books lol)

Currently it's only local co-op and I'd like to see some basic online play. But then the OUYA shines as a party console.

Final thoughts:
Overall impression is good. It played well and was KF as we know it with a bit of a twist. I can see myself playing it now and then when I want something easy to do without sitting at the computer.

I have both the PC FPS KF and downloaded the trail on OUYA. Sad to say this new KF is killing me. Everyone was expecting FPS. The scale on this is way to far back. I play on 55'' and still cant tell wtf im picking up. The auto aim is a bit weak. After killing something I normal just reclick instead of holding it down it moves faster after a kill. 15 for a non online and or not the fps is a killer on buying it.

Upvote 0
All of my views are based from Robin's playthrough.

I was curious how the game would look and I'm pretty impressed. I see a lot of familiar textures and static meshes (probably under a different name in unity) that are in the original. You could label it as just reusing assets but this is on unity and not Unreal. The point is you didn't have to reuse these assets, but you did, and it's a nice touch. Pretty much everything in Killing Floor is emulated really well...

The only parts that really negatively stood out were the Zed time was kinda odd with the overlay and the blood splatter, particle effects and explosive decals kinda contrasted with the environment.

Controls seem intuitive when you use them but you've probably worked with them constantly so that's expected... :p

All in all looks pretty sweeeeet ^^

Upvote 0
I have both the PC FPS KF and downloaded the trail on OUYA. Sad to say this new KF is killing me. Everyone was expecting FPS. The scale on this is way to far back. I play on 55'' and still cant tell wtf im picking up. The auto aim is a bit weak. After killing something I normal just reclick instead of holding it down it moves faster after a kill. 15 for a non online and or not the fps is a killer on buying it.

Please show me that everyone was expecting an FPS? I would really like to know. Initially it was going to be and RTS, now it's a... I can't remember the acronym, the topdown one. No where have they every said it was going to be FPS. Even early screen shots on this very forum were of a topdown view.

You must also be blind, I play on 32" screen and it's fine.

Controls seem intuitive when you use them but you've probably worked with them constantly so that's expected... :p
Nah they are, I had no troubles.

Upvote 0