• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ingame library/encyclopedia

What I'd like to see is hard data along with bar graphs to give people an intuitive feeling for the weapon / vehicles.

I cant stand stat graphs, id rather people learn the rifle is more deadly/accurate than an smg. If they cant workout how a gun is by the written info then Im sure they will work it out in the training or just by playing. People dont need to be spoon fed everything.

Upvote 0
I cant stand stat graphs, id rather people learn the rifle is more deadly/accurate than an smg. If they cant workout how a gun is by the written info then Im sure they will work it out in the training or just by playing. People dont need to be spoon fed everything.

Remember that this is a game though.

I myself don't like the idea of bars much neither but some kind of info how the weapons relate to each other would be good. I don't think people need to be told how an SMG and Rifle is dirrerent :p so better would be to tell about the difference of the possible weapons in that weapon type.

Like how the different SMG's differ to each other and rifle's, semi-auto rifles etc. I think that would be great. Hard data plus some concrete hands-on info, no bars but the major hands-on differences told. I'm sure in the real war they would tell those things to each other instead of technical information too :D

And additionally maybe some gameplay tips when loading a map etc. so that more people can actually properly play the game and doesn't ruin it for the others :p

Upvote 0
Remember that this is a game though.

I myself don't like the idea of bars much neither but some kind of info how the weapons relate to each other would be good. I don't think people need to be told how an SMG and Rifle is dirrerent :p so better would be to tell about the difference of the possible weapons in that weapon type.

Like how the different SMG's differ to each other and rifle's, semi-auto rifles etc. I think that would be great. Hard data plus some concrete hands-on info, no bars but the major hands-on differences told. I'm sure in the real war they would tell those things to each other instead of technical information too :D

And additionally maybe some gameplay tips when loading a map etc. so that more people can actually properly play the game and doesn't ruin it for the others :p

This is what I mean, like in RO it tells you the difference between the others in its class. No silly bars saying that this pistols damage is lower than this shotgun.

Upvote 0

I'd rather people get up to speed sooner than later. If bar graphs will help people understand which weapon is used for which purpose, instead of having them trial and error it online, I'll be much happier.

I'm a scientist, and we always try to present our data in easy to understand graph formats in publications, because a picture is worth a thousand words. The concepts are hard enough to grasp without putting an additional road block towards comprehension.

Upvote 0