• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ingame library/encyclopedia

Alfra

Mar 21, 2009
I thought about an ingame library/encyclopedia for HOS, similar e.g. the Theatre of War or Blitzkrieg series.
With historical informations and data about weapons and vehicles. Or facts about the battle itself: progress, units, historical characters, (dynamic) maps...

Could be a good way to teach our casual friends some history :D

But on the other hand....hmm...please TWI, don't waste your important manpower and time for such a BS...waste it for :IS2: :D

opinions?

If it could explain actual gameplay differences between a mosin nagant 31 and a mosin nagant 38 carabine, it'd be great :)

I'm assuming you mean in the hard-data method that sends most of us to wikis, instead of the filling-up-a-bar method that has nothing to do with the real values* :p

*the prime offender for this being bad company 2, where many weapons had differing "stats" on the info screen yet did the exact same damage and had the same accuracy :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
An in-game wiki with details about actual gameplay stuff and no real-life things would be great. Like telling about the differences of the weapons ingame and about the tanks and stuff like that. So that reading it through with time and learning about the games weapons and stuff would make you better at the game

I.e. so that when you are at the weapon selection screen you dont need to wonder what are the differences between weapons etc

Last edited:
Upvote 0
some info is good but people need to learn themselves.
A wiki would be a better option imho. keep the info like it is how.
heres hoping for no rate of fire, damg, accuracy bars ingame.

You dont want to overload people with information if they want it they will go to Google and find the wiki/forums.

Yeah, but it could be in-game as a separate thing so you wouldn't need to go on the internet through a browser and search google.

Upvote 0
I thought about an ingame library/encyclopedia for HOS, similar e.g. the Theatre of War or Blitzkrieg series.
With historical informations and data about weapons and vehicles. Or facts about the battle itself: progress, units, historical characters, (dynamic) maps...

Could be a good way to teach our casual friends some history :D

But on the other hand....hmm...please TWI, don't waste your important manpower and time for such a BS...waste it for :IS2: :D

opinions?

Great idea! A rich and detailed encyclopedia as TOW's 1/2/3 ones would be awesome!

+1

I would prefer some more informative informations like
Spoiler!

Battle for Caen DLC eh?

and
Spoiler!

Sorry for the OT, but i never understood what is "Grouping"

over the trivial cod style stat bar like

Spoiler!

cut.

rofl

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Having some technical and historical details about the weapons and equipment in the game would be great, especially if it was shown together with the item during selection.
Age of Empires 2 had something like that where you could read something about a lot of things the game had be it the feudal system, used weapons, technology or political situation. It was a great !

Reactions: Moyako
Upvote 0