• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Ingame library/encyclopedia

Alfra

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 21, 2009
I thought about an ingame library/encyclopedia for HOS, similar e.g. the Theatre of War or Blitzkrieg series.
With historical informations and data about weapons and vehicles. Or facts about the battle itself: progress, units, historical characters, (dynamic) maps...

Could be a good way to teach our casual friends some history :D

But on the other hand....hmm...please TWI, don't waste your important manpower and time for such a BS...waste it for :IS2: :D

opinions?

Reise

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 1, 2006
Maine, US
Having some technical and historical details about the weapons and equipment in the game would be great, especially if it was shown together with the item during selection.

MagicSnake

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 28, 2011
Qu
If it could explain actual gameplay differences between a mosin nagant 31 and a mosin nagant 38 carabine, it'd be great :)

Murphy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
liandri.darkbb.com
Like in Civ? I like the idea. Could even be (partially?) unlockable, like in the first two Brothers in Arms. Would be a lot more fun than simply hunting for achievements that do nothing for you.

Last edited:

WinTurkey

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 15, 2011
Doubt it'll be done for the game at launch, however I'd say TWI will be willing to implement it later if a good ROHoS wiki springs up for them to lift articles from.

Frostedfire

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2010
oz
If it could explain actual gameplay differences between a mosin nagant 31 and a mosin nagant 38 carabine, it'd be great :)
I'm assuming you mean in the hard-data method that sends most of us to wikis, instead of the filling-up-a-bar method that has nothing to do with the real values* :p

*the prime offender for this being bad company 2, where many weapons had differing "stats" on the info screen yet did the exact same damage and had the same accuracy :p

Last edited:

u-s-e-r

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 24, 2010
An in-game wiki with details about actual gameplay stuff and no real-life things would be great. Like telling about the differences of the weapons ingame and about the tanks and stuff like that. So that reading it through with time and learning about the games weapons and stuff would make you better at the game

I.e. so that when you are at the weapon selection screen you dont need to wonder what are the differences between weapons etc

Last edited:

Stephen

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 25, 2011
Ch
Don't read too much into this, but one of my favourite things about R.U.S.E. was the Ruseopedia or whatever it was called.

Something similar for HOS would indeed be awesome.

Reactions: S/Sgt. Raider

jalex3

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 21, 2009
Australia
some info is good but people need to learn themselves.
A wiki would be a better option imho. keep the info like it is how.
heres hoping for no rate of fire, damg, accuracy bars ingame.

You dont want to overload people with information if they want it they will go to Google and find the wiki/forums.

u-s-e-r

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 24, 2010
some info is good but people need to learn themselves.
A wiki would be a better option imho. keep the info like it is how.
heres hoping for no rate of fire, damg, accuracy bars ingame.

You dont want to overload people with information if they want it they will go to Google and find the wiki/forums.
Yeah, but it could be in-game as a separate thing so you wouldn't need to go on the internet through a browser and search google.

Alfra

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 21, 2009
I would prefer some more informative informations like
Spoiler!

and
Spoiler!

over the trivial cod style stat bar like

Spoiler!

Sure, you can do that with an external wiki or searching the informations by your own.
But i think its nice to have it all in one. :IS2:

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 22, 2009
disagree. history book section is >>> way

if they just include the correct names for weapons, equipment etc those who are interested will google the terms.

timmyvos

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 11, 2010
The Netherlands
If it isn't too much work for Tripwire, I'd very much like to see it, the ingame encyclopedias in Theatre of War and R.U.S.E are some of my favourite things in those games.

RiccardoTheBeAst

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 19, 2009
Italy
I thought about an ingame library/encyclopedia for HOS, similar e.g. the Theatre of War or Blitzkrieg series.
With historical informations and data about weapons and vehicles. Or facts about the battle itself: progress, units, historical characters, (dynamic) maps...

Could be a good way to teach our casual friends some history :D

But on the other hand....hmm...please TWI, don't waste your important manpower and time for such a BS...waste it for :IS2: :D

opinions?
Great idea! A rich and detailed encyclopedia as TOW's 1/2/3 ones would be awesome!

+1

I would prefer some more informative informations like
Spoiler!
Battle for Caen DLC eh?

and
Spoiler!
Sorry for the OT, but i never understood what is "Grouping"

over the trivial cod style stat bar like

Spoiler!

cut.
rofl

Last edited:

jalex3

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 21, 2009
Australia
Yeah, but it could be in-game as a separate thing so you wouldn't need to go on the internet through a browser and search google.
either way since the game needs steam and steam has a browser you will not even need to alt-tab.

u-s-e-r

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 24, 2010
either way since the game needs steam and steam has a browser you will not even need to alt-tab.
You can still have the overlay off and the browser is terrible, in-game official information would be over 9000 times better.

Crni-Wuk

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 16, 2010
Having some technical and historical details about the weapons and equipment in the game would be great, especially if it was shown together with the item during selection.
Age of Empires 2 had something like that where you could read something about a lot of things the game had be it the feudal system, used weapons, technology or political situation. It was a great !

Reactions: Moyako