• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Infinite loading screen

Megacerus

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 1, 2021
Hello,

I have the Epic Games version.
I am currently lvl 30 and haven't crossed any major bug/glitch until now :

from the sanctuary cave of prosperity sands (harbor), I went through a little minefield area (point of interest), and then I had a loading screen that never ends.
I closed the game and relaunched it.
The exact same thing occurred when I took the same path.

Like I said, I never experienced any loading issues until this point.
I will try a different path or force a loading screen somewhere else in order to be sure the issue comes from this place in particular.

So I did a verification and I noticed a few things :

If I follow this specific path, I always get a loading screen (possible crashing one).
WJzXr2G.jpg

(the minefield I mentionned)

The two times I got the infinite loading screen, I was wearing the bioelectric body + bioelectric fins + bioelectric teeth (I thought it might be related because of the special effects).

Since then, I added firewall exceptions for both Epic Games Launcher and maneater.exe file in my anti-virus software (Avast), and for now it works fine.

I recommend other players to avoid taking the same route, and for those just having loading screens issues, to check firewall exceptions.

Upvote 0