• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Increased Movement Speed During Trader time

There are several mutators adding quality of life improvements that should be included in the base game. Faster movement speed is one of them.

I recommend checking out Tamari's KF2 servers to see some examples. There are more improvements, but these are the ones I would like to see in the base game or KF3:
  1. faster movement speed during trader time
  2. team health visible on the hud
  3. vote to skip trader time improvments
    • can be confirmed using the vote skip button, if bound.. instead of having to hold F1
    • no more confusing it with player kick votes
    • if a player voted to skip it will show a check mark next to their name in the team health hud
  4. improved chat
    • better visibility
    • icons and commands
  5. unequipped weapons visible
    • your other weapon is shown on your back instead of disappearing
    • probably something like the Backpack Weapons mod
    • an icon for the second weapon is also visible in the bottom right corner (weapon hud)
  6. improvements for dropped weapons
    • no weapon despawn
    • weapon owner information (overlay on mouse over)
    • when I pick up someone else's weapon, a message appears in the chat
    • I can block and unblock my weapons from being picked up by others
  7. damage popups
  8. kill feed for big zeds
    • when a scrake or fp get killed, they appear in the kill feed for everyone, so you are sure the zeds are down

Upvote 0
There are several mutators adding quality of life improvements that should be included in the base game. Faster movement speed is one of them.

I recommend checking out Tamari's KF2 servers to see some examples. There are more improvements, but these are the ones I would like to see in the base game or KF3:
    • can be confirmed using the vote skip button, if bound.. instead of having to hold F1
    • if a player voted to skip it will show a check mark next to their name in the team health hud
  4. improved chat
    • better visibility
    • icons and commands
    • an icon for the second weapon is also visible in the bottom right corner (weapon hud)
    • no weapon despawn
  7. damage popups
    • when a scrake or fp get killed, they appear in the kill feed for everyone, so you are sure the zeds are down
The kill feed for large zeds is really going to be useful.. I'm totally down to that
Other things are important too but this is the best imo

Reactions: Wizard_Of_Odds
Upvote 0

4. improved chat
    • better visibility
    • icons and commands
    • no weapon despawn
  7. damage popups
thats a great idea! would make the game much better in details

Upvote 0
Maybe we could have your weapon disappear on screen. It looks like you’ve put your weapon away, and that’s why your running faster now

I would also like a option to toggle the trader locator on the hud. I rarely look at it. Never on holdout maps!
Sorry, but I don't think so, what if someone dies on a round and you picked up their weapon and cant give it back during trader time when they respawn? sure they might pick it up as soon as trader time is over but they wont get the ammo they needed through the trader.

Honestly it's not really something that needs to be added in the game anyways it would just look weird. Not to be rude or anything but I also just find that part to be pointless to be added into the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They can pick up the weapon, he just said removing the weapon as an animation

Sorry, but I don't think so, what if someone dies on a round and you picked up their weapon and cant give it back during trader time when they respawn? sure they might pick it up as soon as trader time is over but they wont get the ammo they needed through the trader.

Reactions: zombie_lockdown
Upvote 0
They can pick up the weapon, he just said removing the weapon as an animation
That’s exactly what I’m saying. I’m just giving a reason to why we would be running faster now during the trader time.

You will be able to pick up and throw weapons still, and you could press shoot or swap weapon to bring your weapon back if needed, to heal someone for example

Reactions: Humam2104
Upvote 0
That’s exactly what I’m saying. I’m just giving a reason to why we would be running faster now during the trader time.

You will be able to pick up and throw weapons still, and you could press shoot or swap weapon to bring your weapon back if needed, to heal someone for example
Oh I see, that makes sense.

Reactions: zombie_lockdown
Upvote 0