• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Increase Volume of the Sound of Bullets Hitting Nearby Terrain

Increase Volume of the Sound of Bullets Hitting Nearby Terrain

• Yes

Votes: 98 96.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 3.9%

• Total voters

Thelionheart

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 6, 2012
In the thread suggesting that the suppression mechanics should be removed a suggestion was proposed that the volume of the sound of bullets hitting objects near the player should be increased so that sound is also a significant part of the suppression mechanics. I think this is a really good idea and it seemed like around 10 other people did as well. I think making this change to the game would make the firefights we have now seem a lot more engaging and intense than what we currently perceive them as.

Last edited:
I think that several things could be done with the sound.

1. Gunshots and explosion noises should travel farther before losing volume.

2. Gunshots and explosions should be louder in relation to breathing and stepping noises.

3. I should not have to wonder if the grenade I just threw has gone off

4. Make the gunshot sounds last longer.

5. The sounds should just sound more intense, not sure how to describe this one.

6. Make bullet cracks and whizzes louder.

7. Impact noises should be louder

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2. Gunshots and explosions should be louder in relation to breathing and stepping noises.

5. The sounds should just sound more intense, not sure how to describe this one.

I agree 100% with you, especially on explosions being too quiet.

Upvote 0

Would be nice!

Upvote 0
Well, at the time of this post 32 people have voted in favor of the suggestion and zero against. Miraculously, this suggestion has managed to have universal appeal. I guess the only thing we can really hope for now is that Tripwire will heed our call and implement this. I honestly doubt this is going to happen even though it seems like something that would be relatively easy (maybe open up audacity and up the volume? I have no idea and am probably more wrong than the Chicago Tribune when it's cover story said "Dewey Defeats Truman".) If it's not in the final release of Rising Storm or the content patches that will come shortly after it I sadly don't think we'll ever see this change.:(

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pretty much this, plus let us turn off menus and in-game music as well as cue sound effects (capture point, level up, win, etc.).

Upvote 0

Yes please.

Upvote 0
I've been working on this!

I started a thread in the General Modding forum about this mutator I've been working on.

http://youtu.be/Ig-nI3db3_g

This is all I've done so far, but I plan on expanding it to include other projectiles (i.e. make all supersonic bullets have supersonic bulletwhip effects.) Already with this mutator I can make any projectile have a sound I define, it just isn't efficient yet.

I of course agree that changes need to be made... I wouldn't put nearly as much work into this as I have otherwise lol...

Upvote 0