• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Movie] Inception

No Glory

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 6, 2009
BC, Canada
Anyone else seen this movie? I personally thought it was the best thing I've seen since the first Iron Man! It strikes me as something totally different from the norm..... I noticed that it also doesn't rely on 3D technology to make itself noticeable, like Avatar, but rather focuses on it's plot.

YouTube - ‪Inception - Official Trailer 2 [HD]‬‎

~Better not make a sequal, the ending was just perfect.

For those of you wondering:
Leonardo Di Caprio is a Dream thief, (A man who enters people's minds through their dreams and steals their confidential information) who is given an interesting job, that will require all of his and his crew's skills.

Last edited:
Reactions: omarfw
Avatar was all about looks and it was pretty awesome but it was basically pocahontas retold.

Inception was all about SCREWING YOUR MIND AND IT WAS F-ING AMAZING

seriously, if you can follow the storyline (which btw is completely unique) then you will thoroughly enjoy this movie. and it's not all mind games either. the action scenes deliver 100%.

best movie of the decade. better than avatar. better than the dark knight. better then...i dunno...the matrix.

the ONLY complaint i had was that rather than the matrix in which they take full advantage of their virtual situation, i would've been happier if the people in this film altered their world to help them fight being that they are in the ultimate lucid dream. but they pretty much just stuck to regular fighting.

I wouldn't mind a sequel honestly. the cast of characters just worked so well together, it was so believable. or maybe they could follow another team of people entirely. the concept has so much potential.

Last edited:
Reactions: No Glory
Upvote 0
best non-comedy ive ever seen, and i just saw it for the 2nd time last night

right after yusuf is introduced and they go to that room with all the sleeping people, i think they enter a dream state and the rest of the movie is a dream. b/c when leo looks in the mirror i could have sworn he sees the window curtain and his wife's silhouette(this is why i saw it a 2nd time) and when he spins his top it falls off the platform, so it doesn't neccisarily fall due to being in reality

Upvote 0
People usually hate on Leonardo di Caprio for some reason, but he's a great actor. The Aviator is one of my favorite movies of the past decade and it usually gets over-looked.

Ya I used to hate him when Titanic came out. But then I just realized that the movie was gay, not him, and that he's a fantastic actor and has been in a LOT of good movies.

Upvote 0
Well I had my first non-accidental (I've had about 3 in the past that happened randomly) lucid dream two nights ago. It was only a partial LD, meaning I could only control certain things. I was on a US navy ship of some kind with a bunch of cute half Asian girls walking around (not into Asian but half Asian is aiight). I made a ball hover in the air for a while and then kissed the closest chick who looked suspiciously like a girl who always was giving me **** a year ago when I was hitting on her (in a club). Then the dream ended because my dumbass uncle was knocking on my door.

Only been practicing LD techniques for a week too. This bodes well for the future. Hopefully soon I'll be storming the beaches of Normandy, or raiding churches with the vikings, slaying monks, and picking up hot maidens.

Last edited:
Reactions: ombas
Upvote 0
Then you probably didn't get it.;):p
No I got it, and all the ambiguity, I just didn't find it a hard movie to follow which is how it was described to me by several people I know.

What did you make of the ending? Dream or reality? I'd like to watch it again as there will no doubt be clues strewn throughout the movie. Although some things that made me think it may all be a dream;

- The convenience of meeting a character who can solve his issues with one call.
- The convenienvce of meeting an architect who is such a natural and picks it up immediatley.
- The mirroring of the final scene with all his flash backs of seeing his children earlier.

I all could be interpreted as his subconscious setting him up for success.

Upvote 0
the ONLY complaint i had was that rather than the matrix in which they take full advantage of their virtual situation, i would've been happier if the people in this film altered their world to help them fight being that they are in the ultimate lucid dream. but they pretty much just stuck to regular fighting.

And this was just what made the film so good for me...

Even thought it had the perfect opportunity to degrade into some Katana swinging superpower Japano-action crap ala Kill Bill it didn't.

Upvote 0
And this was just what made the film so good for me...

Even thought it had the perfect opportunity to degrade into some Katana swinging superpower Japano-action crap ala Kill Bill it didn't.

well true I would not have liked for them to suddenly sink into that stereotypical "edgy action movie" fighting crap. It would've been stupid for them to stop bullets or jump 80 feet high or pull weapons out of thin air.

I do think they could've done more fight scenes that felt more like them being badass (since this is what they do for a living) and less like them just struggling and running away to survive. While this is more realistic, the movie is still a sci-fi thriller and they could've pushed the boundaries a bit more while still retaining that realism.

When it came to action, they were all cool and collected until the projections went after them and then they all just started girly slapping at them.

Upvote 0
well true I would not have liked for them to suddenly sink into that stereotypical "edgy action movie" fighting crap. It would've been stupid for them to stop bullets or jump 80 feet high or pull weapons out of thin air.

I do think they could've done more fight scenes that felt more like them being badass (since this is what they do for a living) and less like them just struggling and running away to survive. While this is more realistic, the movie is still a sci-fi thriller and they could've pushed the boundaries a bit more while still retaining that realism.

When it came to action, they were all cool and collected until the projections went after them and then they all just started girly slapping at them.

They are professionals, but only in the respect of infiltrating someone's mind.That's why they were so pissed when they found out that Fischer's mind was trained.

I actually would have liked them to be a little less "badass" regarding weapon handling.

Last edited:
Upvote 0