• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

In Game Voice Chat Investigation

Kittenmittens

Tripwire Interactive Community Team
Staff member
We are investigating reports of remaining voice chat issues in game. Could you please provide us with the following:

What exactly is the issue you are experiencing?
Screenshots of windows audio settings (input & output, control panel)
Screenshot of Steam or Epic audio settings
Screenshot of RS2 in-game audio settings
Attach dxdiag (launch dxdiag.exe and export)

For these issues, additional unsupressed current logs would help.

A little manual on how to make logs unsupressed.
  1. To do so user has to change DefaultEngine.ini file in ROGame\Config directory: put ";" symbol in lines Suppress=DevOnlineStats and Suppress=DevOnlineSpam.
  2. Then after the match take logs from Steam client: \Documents\My Games\Rising Storm 2\ROGame\Logs Or EGS client: Documents\My Games\Rising Storm 2 EGS\ROGame\Logs
Don't forget to revert changes in DefaultEngine.ini after getting this logs!

Update:

We are working with Vivox to investigate these reports further. They have asked for the following information.
  • Locale
  • IP Address
  • Username Steam or Epic
Feel free to private message me the info.

Last edited:
When I press configure and accept and even apply it still does not let me join the voice chat for the game
Screenshot of Steam audio settings

Please provide the above if you can.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When I press configure and accept and even apply it still does not let me join the voice chat for the game

Screenshot of Steam audio settings

Please provide the above if you can.
I did not get the game on steam I got it on epic

Attachments

• Screenshot (23).png
    Screenshot (23).png
    513.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot (24).png
    Screenshot (24).png
    779.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot (25).png
    Screenshot (25).png
    966.4 KB · Views: 7
Upvote 0
I have been experiencing quite a bit of audio issues with RS2 after the Epic Game launch.
However, for me it seems to sometimes be server related.
Example of server where VOIP dosn't seem to work for me:
POWERBITS GAMETEAM MIXED 60HZ #1 | VANILLA | PBSGAMETEAM.COM
Example of server where VOIP seem to be working for me:
Tripwire Official Server NYC #3

The "Radio" indicator shows up, but the dial is not moving as it normally does when registering a voice when the VOIP is not working, and you using Push to Talk.
And you can see names of players trying to talk but there is no audio you can hear. Nor does it seem other players are able to hear either.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    92.2 KB · Views: 3
  • rsaudio1.jpg
    rsaudio1.jpg
    479.4 KB · Views: 4
  • rsaudio2.jpg
    rsaudio2.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 7
  • staudio.jpg
    staudio.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 7
  • staudio2.jpg
    staudio2.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 5
  • waudio.jpg
    waudio.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0
I have been experiencing quite a bit of audio issues with RS2 after the Epic Game launch.
However, for me it seems to sometimes be server related.
Example of server where VOIP dosn't seem to work for me:
POWERBITS GAMETEAM MIXED 60HZ #1 | VANILLA | PBSGAMETEAM.COM
Example of server where VOIP seem to be working for me:
Tripwire Official Server NYC #3

The "Radio" indicator shows up, but the dial is not moving as it normally does when registering a voice when the VOIP is not working, and you using Push to Talk.
And you can see names of players trying to talk but there is no audio you can hear. Nor does it seem other players are able to hear either.
Can you tell me specifically what your voip issues are?
Can you not hear others?
Can they not hear you?
Is it voice type specific?

Upvote 0
Issues I've seen:
  • Names are not always displayed of the person talking
    • Which from testing both clients appears to be the epic client not telling the server who is talking so the server transmits their voice but not showing they are talking.
  • Channels dont seem to be grouping people together correctly, example a commander talking over command channel to the enemy commander
    • Unverified 100% but could be the lack of voice name being shown.
  • In epic - The default transmit volume on the in-game mic setting is super low - increase this to 100% as default transmit volume. I expect a lot of the issues are people using voice and not knowing to set this properly.
Server voice settings from -=PR=- #1 | Map Voting server (145.239.205.39:56651)

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    131.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Input.png
    Input.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Output.png
    Output.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 4
  • RS2 Game.png
    RS2 Game.png
    851.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Steamvoip.png
    Steamvoip.png
    130.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Server Voice Settings.png
    Server Voice Settings.png
    862.9 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0
Issues I've seen:
  • Names are not always displayed of the person talking
    • Which from testing both clients appears to be the epic client not telling the server who is talking so the server transmits their voice but not showing they are talking.
  • Channels dont seem to be grouping people together correctly, example a commander talking over command channel to the enemy commander
    • Unverified 100% but could be the lack of voice name being shown.
  • In epic - The default transmit volume on the in-game mic setting is super low - increase this to 100% as default transmit volume. I expect a lot of the issues are people using voice and not knowing to set this properly.
Server voice settings from -=PR=- #1 | Map Voting server (145.239.205.39:56651)
How do you turn up your transmit volume in epic

Upvote 0
Im experiencing the exact same issue as KubiKameho who commented as well. I see the names and mic of the player speaking but
Im not able hear them in any way. When I press push to talk it does not show anything nor does the dial show its picking VOIP in general its just not picking up VOIP. No matter what server its all the same for me even in Training map the dial shows I'm not emitting any sound.

Attachments

• 20201012003638_1.jpg
    20201012003638_1.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20201012003643_1.jpg
    20201012003643_1.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0
Can you not hear others?
Can they not hear you?
Is it voice type specific?
I would like to add an correction, yesterday when i played on various servers, Voice was not working at all.
When pressing push to talk button, the voice indicator shows up and reacts when you speak / make sound.
However, nobody can hear you speak, Not in Local, Squad nor Team.
According to few people who responded to me, they do not see my name either show up.
On some servers I do sometimes see names showing up trying to talk over VOIP, but I can not hear any voices.

It just seems overall that in game VOIP is just not working, something is definatly picking up and recoding voices, but it does not seem to be transferred over.

So to summerize:
Issue: VOIP seems to be dead, not working.
Can you not hear others? No, I can not hear anyone.
Can they not hear you? No, Nobody can hear me.
Is it voice type specific? Does not seem so, It seems to pick up your voice, but it does not Broadcast it, if it does broadcast, no sound is broadcasted.

Upvote 0
I can't communicate through VOIP in-game. When I speak my mic is silent (the indicator doesn't move) and I can't hear others when they speak. Yesterday I could hear others but today nothing related to VOIP works at all.
I had no audio issues previous to the new update and I have no trouble with other games/programs.

Attachments

• 2020-10-13_22-37-28.png
    2020-10-13_22-37-28.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 3
  • ApplicationFrameHost_2020-10-13_22-46-48.png
    ApplicationFrameHost_2020-10-13_22-46-48.png
    22 KB · Views: 2
  • DxDiag.txt
    76.6 KB · Views: 1
  • rundll32_2020-10-13_22-38-36.png
    rundll32_2020-10-13_22-38-36.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 3
  • rundll32_2020-10-13_22-38-44.png
    rundll32_2020-10-13_22-38-44.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 2020-10-13_22-37-07.png
    2020-10-13_22-37-07.png
    986.4 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0
Recently I was hearing a player from a different match through the coms. The game I was playing ended, the scoreboard was rolling, and the guy was still saying things as if the game was still going on ("come on guys, get on alpha", "watch out for arty", etc). It gets weirder: I could still hear the guy even AFTER I left the server, in the main menu! I decided to restart the game to get rid of the bug and, after I closed the game, the guy was STILL talking. Only after a few seconds did it stop. I double checked every application that was running at the time to make sure the sound was not coming from anywhere else.. and it wasn't. I'm playing through EGS.

Upvote 0
What exactly is the issue you are experiencing?

- In the settings for the mic voice tried to change it to my headphone mic but the setting doesn't save and revert back to stereo mix which i use for my speaker to relay the audio to the headphone, ( 2 output audio , headphone and speaker )

- I've tried to search the EGS voice chat but nowhere to be found sorry.

Attachments

• WindowsControlPanel.PNG
    WindowsControlPanel.PNG
    35 KB · Views: 3
  • WindowsInput.PNG
    WindowsInput.PNG
    23 KB · Views: 1
  • WindowsOutput.PNG
    WindowsOutput.PNG
    25.1 KB · Views: 1
  • DxDiag.txt
    105.1 KB · Views: 0