• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Impossible Reloads?

Z008MJ

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
Now, i didn't play the beta and my pre-order have yet not arrived, so i am unable to try this myself, all is taken from having watched gameplay videos.

From what i have seen, as i have yet to see the G41 i can't say if it's included, but the Kar98, Mosin-Nagant and SVT-40 seems to be able to reload wituh clips at any time. Basically, if you just fire a single Kar98 round and have 4 rounds left, you can still insert a whole 5-round clip into the gun, and get one bullet. And yes, both were full clips.

Shouldn't this be impossible? Where is the manual one-by-one reload for mid-reloading?

How can it load a whole clip even if you are near empty? Do you not need to empty the whole clip?

I believe the Semi-Auto rifles use detachable box mags.. like the SMGs. So you remove your partial mag, insert a new one, good to go.

The bolt-action rifles use a round-at-a-time 'top-off' if you're not empty.

Upvote 0
How can it load a whole clip even if you are near empty? Do you not need to empty the whole clip?

Take the G41 for example, you can fit two whole clips into the weapon and its clips hold 5 rounds each i think (giving a total capacity of 10 shots, 11 if you include chambered round) so let's say you fire off 5 shots, you can then take another whole clip and put all the rounds from that clip into the gun to make up 10 rounds again. But lets say that you fire off 3 rounds and decide to reload again, your character automatically takes 3 rounds from some other clip in his supplies (you don't see this happening) and loads the 3 single rounds into the weapon. If you fired off 8 rounds, your character puts another whole clip in, leaving a potential of 2 rounds to top the gun up to full capacity which would require you to press the reload button again, followed by your character taking 2 rounds from a clip in his supplies and loading them in.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I believe the Semi-Auto rifles use detachable box mags.. like the SMGs. So you remove your partial mag, insert a new one, good to go.

The bolt-action rifles use a round-at-a-time 'top-off' if you're not empty.

Here's the thing, from what i have seen, this is not the case, why?

Here, for example: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi4hf5M1e-c&feature=related"]Red Orchestra 2 Beta: Mauser Kar98 Rifle — Gun Gameplay - YouTube[/URL]

At 0:29 he reloads a full clip, and obviously has 5 rounds then, but exactly 4 rounds later, at 0:52 he reloads a full clip again.

Upvote 0