• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Importing models to RO2

Six_Ten

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 12, 2006
aztecmod.darkesthourgame.com
Hey Six_Ten I was just wondering how you imported some buildings in Ogledow to UDK, or did you make them yourself?

... I was wondering how you actually did it, because I want to do it myself a bit. I want to at least import [some models from RO] into my map, and probably spiff up the textures and such. I've never really imported custom assets into the UDK before so it'd help if you gave me some direction or links of where you found out how and such. I'm assuming right now that I'll need to use a 3rd party program or something.

Once simple way to get models from RO to RO2 is

Open RO SDK Beta (that's the one for Ostfront). Open the map and or package where the model you want is. Select it and in the main program window select File --> Export Selected. .obj format. Convert it to .fbx with the Autodesk FBX Converter. Open RO2 SDK, in the Content Browser, Import your model.

If you know where the model is in a static mesh package in RO, open the RO editor and in a blank level, that is, don't open a map at all, just start the editor, open the static mesh package, select the model you want, and in the main window Add Actor: Static Mesh that you want. Bring up its Properties, under Movement set its location to 0,0,0 tthen when you export it will be properly situated.

Last edited: