• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

RS Importing a .PSA file into the SDK

nymets1104

Dec 18, 2012
USA
What program are you exporting with? FBX exporter can export skeletal mesh and animations in one file. Once imported into SDK you will get a skeletal mesh and an AnimSet that is named after rootbone in file

Beskar Mando

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
steamcommunity.com
What program are you exporting with? FBX exporter can export skeletal mesh and animations in one file. Once imported into SDK you will get a skeletal mesh and an AnimSet that is named after rootbone in file
Ahh, thanks for this, where can I find an FPX exporter?
Getting into modeling, have a few ideas, AAZ is helping me with 'em. :D
I can make weapons, in fact I already have 6-10 pre-coded US army and marine weapons fully coded, and functional (K98 skeleton, but some use others as they have a close relative M55 Reising for example is similar to the level 1 Thompson SMG.)
I just can't model them, which is something I want to be able to do, that way I can release some sort of weapons pack.

nymets1104

Dec 18, 2012
USA
I am using 3DS Max 2015 and it is native export file. Are you using Blender?
If so Postamenos uses Blender and would possibly know more.

marcelo

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 21, 2016
Argentina
www.3dtoall.com
I think what's happening is that the bones are importing at odd orientations. Even if you automatically reorient the bones on import, a significant number of them remain stubbornly out of place. When you import a psa, the weighted geometry snaps to the bones and you get things like his head twisting upside down, or in the case of some of my later experiments, a gooey puddle with a tail sticking out of it.