• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sound Imported sounds (Killing Floor SDK)

Kriits

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 16, 2015
Hello!

I've been trying to import/replace original zed sounds with my own (quite hilarious actually). Everything went normal until I tested these sounds in game and realised that these imported sounds has no stereo, ambience, volume control, panning etc. It's playing those imported zed sounds sound just like they were played on a Windows Media Player or something.

Does anybody know the fix?

Thanks.

Only UI and 1p gunfire are rendered stereo. Everything else comes from a omnidirectional point. The engine treats sounds from the source relative to the player based on any volume (space) the two happen to be in; it handles spatialization, occlusion, and reverb. Zed sound volume is set in the script and notifies. If this is something you want to take any further I'd suggest making a duplicate version of zeds for your use that can utilize the seasonal zed system to activate. Unreal packages are not overwrite friendly.

Upvote 0
Only UI and 1p gunfire are rendered stereo. Everything else comes from a omnidirectional point. The engine treats sounds from the source relative to the player based on any volume (space) the two happen to be in; it handles spatialization, occlusion, and reverb. Zed sound volume is set in the script and notifies. If this is something you want to take any further I'd suggest making a duplicate version of zeds for your use that can utilize the seasonal zed system to activate. Unreal packages are not overwrite friendly.

sure. amm, I'm a bit newbish in this whole SDK thing. Can you explain me how to do this, please?

Upvote 0