• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Important Server Config Settings

I'm having an interesting issue.
When I alter my KilllingFloor.ini file, only a few things took place. i.e. The passwords worked, and a few other things. But what did not work was the GameDifficulty=2.00000. Since that is the default, I wanted to set the server to beginner. I changed it to GameDifficulty=1.0000 and when loaded to my server (ArtofWar servers) it showed it was 1.000. However, when I start the server it reverts back to 2.000. The other changes stuck but that one didn't.

I rolled back all the other changes and made it just the change in difficulty. Still goes back to 2.0000 instead of staying on 1.0000. I can only assume that there is a difficulty override somewhere that I can't find that is changing it back.

Help?

Upvote 0
Yes thats how UE works inital config files are generated from the default.ini + exe overrides / updates if the main config doesn't exist.

If it exists its updated as needed, which often cause issues so its wise to prevent this by setting:
[ROFirstRun]
ROFirstRun=9999

Aha, I knew this sounded familiar (from HLDS).

For those who don't read HLDS, John (CEO from Tripwire) did comment on this. Just make sure to read and understand before you change this setting!

One final thing though, please please please do NOT do this:

[ROFirstRun]
ROFirstRun=9999

That will definitely cause problems in the future as that setting is
used by the engine not only to update ini settings but also do some
other things behind the scene in the engine when versions change.
Messing with that number will almost certainly cause with a server at
some point when we update in the future.

Upvote 0
Ya i run a server

Ya i run a server

YA I RUN A SERVER AND I HAVE BIN TRYING TO CHANGE THE GAME LENGTH AND ADD NEW MAPS AND IT WILL NOT WORK I TRYED IT AS GL_Long and it will not work i tryed it as =2 and it will not work and someone help me out it making me mad i changed the servers name it took like 3 days for it to work

Upvote 0
Hi.

I looked in my KillingFloor.ini and did not see a GameDifficulty command. You sure that's what it's called? Or does it have to be added?

Code:
[Engine.GameInfo]
GoreLevel=2
MaxSpectators=12
MaxPlayers=32
AutoAim=1.000000
GameSpeed=1.000000
bChangeLevels=True
bStartUpLocked=False
bNoBots=True
bAttractAlwaysFirstPerson=False
NumMusicFiles=13