• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

Not sure but maybe a "backdoor" is a way to level up faster than normal.

Hmm but I think we really would become some troubles with IOM and the hardware requirements. It really seems a lot of player with only 4 GB RAM have some trouble.

Or is here anybody who have troubles with more than 4 GB RAM?

I have a no problems with the mod, no lagging, no low performance and no crashes.
But how someone said before: 4 GB RAM isn

Upvote 0
Dynamic movement speed: Running uphill IN SNOW on Mamayev. Even Rocky Balboa would find that a challenge.

I have played Winterwald with realism + IOM some days ago. Once with 30+ player and then again with 14 Player. That was really a lot of fun.

I was in TS together with 6 other guys, we all were in the Germnan team and attacking the Russian stronghold on the hill. It was just a great feeling. We were very slow, but it feels so authentic, because everyone of us was sure we wouldn

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OK, on the technical side*:

Pros:

I like some of the louder sounds. To be honest, I actually like the TWI stock sounds too, they just seem a little low volume even on my system with a 15" subwoofer. As far as which sounds are more accurate, well, I really haven't heard how they would be in real life, so I would be lying if I agreed with the Mutator sounds or TWI stock sounds. HOWEVER, some sounds, especially explosions, do sound better loud and many times, TWI stock explosions are weak.

Weapon handling, I like it. I also like the Classic weapon handling from TWI, they just seem to accomplish the same thing only in a slightly different manner. If I were to join a server with either the Mutator or Classic mode, I would be happy. DO NOT care for stock Realism and Action mode weapon handling.

I really enjoy the dynamic movement. I feel like I am going uphill just by running slower. This is nice since it requires you to think about movement and it seems more realistic than just having one speed for all movement (sprint/walk aside)

The ability to select if you want to keep zoom or not. Some players like no zoom, others like it.

Cons:

The slight freeze when I join a team and go to the Class selection menu. Not sure what it is or why. Does not affect the gameplay, just slows selection down for about five seconds for me.

Sounds. Sometimes it just seems the sounds are louder than stock settings overall. I have to turn up VOIP volume (or sounds down) just to hear people speak. Mostly I would prefer explosions louder than stock, with gunfire sounds only a little louder.

Dynamic movement. Occasionally it feels a bit choppy. By this I mean you can tell when it slows you down going up an incline. But if you get to a more level area for just a second or two, you speed back up until you hit a more severe incline. Its just that the transition doesn't feel super smooth.

* I do not use headphones, but I am using Logitech Z-5500 500 watt Speakers (5.1 Surround sound) with a 15" Subwoofer

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sounds. Sometimes it just seems the sounds are louder than stock settings overall. I have to turn up VOIP volume (or sounds down) just to hear people speak. Mostly I would prefer explosions louder than stock, with gunfire sounds only a little louder.

Debates on "too quiet and too loud" in IMO could all easily be solved with an in-game menu volume adjustment slider..one for gunshots, one for explosions, etc.

Upvote 0
And I think dibbler will balance the sound sometime. I pesonally would like to hear the relaoding sound of some weapons a little bit louder. Some weapons seems to have no reloading sound or a really quiet one right now.

I have play some RO:Ost/DH in the last days and I really like the reloading sounds there much more than the vanilla RO2 sounds. In RO1 you hear how you open the ammo pouch and pull out a new magazine. Just great.
hell yea :D
i want to hear this nice metalic click click click when i rebolt my mosin...(first 45sec.)
Mosin Nagant (Chapter 2 ) - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How's this for propaganda:

http://tinyurl.com/nogxnbbhttp://tinyurl.com/nogxnbb

A video of some footage i recorded posted on the youtube channel of my unit:

Nice, and 115 views right now :D

I know 29th ID is a clan with a lot player, maybe some of them really like IOM, too.

(Maybe there is a new IOM server somewhere? *wink wink* :rolleyes:)

ps: The improved jungle sound is great I heard the rodents in the bushes ^^

Last edited:
Upvote 0