• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

I messed around on the test server and it's great, mgs are very scary as well as explosions. First person weapon sounds are stock for me, 3rd person are modified, I didnt remember if that had been touched on before? I did find sounds were a little loud, but dealable. A way to adjust levels would be welcome.

Upvote 0
I messed around on the test server and it's great, mgs are very scary as well as explosions. First person weapon sounds are stock for me, 3rd person are modified, I didnt remember if that had been touched on before? I did find sounds were a little loud, but dealable. A way to adjust levels would be welcome.

I'll hopefully be updating soon, I fixed the first person sound yesterday but I've been caught up with other things :eek:

Upvote 0
I just tried the mod after the update and I must say that is absolutely fantastic :eek:

The death moans and the fade effect from being shot brings a ton of immersion to the game. The small details make all the difference.

Best of luck as you continue on this great mod.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Noticed a lot of death animations not playing/not playing long enough. Lots of completely still bodies chattering away.

This is the game's fault really: only heart, nut, and neck shots have special animations.

A lot of the death sounds are longer than even those, too. Especially in RS, some American sounds are 45 (!) seconds or so.

I'll see about making the animations apply to other hit zones.

Upvote 0
This is the game's fault really: only heart, nut, and neck shots have special animations.

A lot of the death sounds are longer than even those, too. Especially in RS, some American sounds are 45 (!) seconds or so.

I'll see about making the animations apply to other hit zones.

I haven't heard more than 10 seconds. With 45 seconds of talking in some of the US death moans (The "I just fell off of the tractor is all" one in particular) you may have to split them up, so when a group of yanks get sprayed you don't get 5 guys saying the same things :D

Upvote 0
Fantastic mutator (along with the Better Weapons Realism) and smacks RO:II pretty much back into the RO:Ost territory again. Is there a reason it has yet to be white listed though?

Yes, it hasn't been submitted :)

I'm working on the webadmin interface for all the configurable options and a few new RS sounds as we speak.

Once that's over with, I think I'll submit it. Shouldn't be long!

Upvote 0
I think with this mutator RO2 will become the world's first game that can give you serious hearing damage without having to crank the in-game volume to ridiculous levels.:p

A few of us have asked dibbler67 about putting on a "sound volume control" , and he has said he is working on it.......Once that is done, so we all are not walking around "shell shocked", this will be a great mod for any server....

Upvote 0
A few of us have asked dibbler67 about putting on a "sound volume control" , and he has said he is working on it.......Once that is done, so we all are not walking around "shell shocked", this will be a great mod for any server....

I've had some success too. It will be a client side option! I'm adding the new music back and that too will be a client side option.

New blood effects, new gunshot sounds, and new death effects will be serverside.

Upvote 0
I've had some success too. It will be a client side option! I'm adding the new music back and that too will be a client side option.

New blood effects, new gunshot sounds, and new death effects will be serverside.

Ugh, this is what I hate about the Unreal Engine. Why can't it be like Source where you can reskin/change the sounds for anything as a client.

Upvote 0
New update tonight. I promise ;)

There's a special feature making a return to Red Orchestra in it, internet points to the person who finds it :)

Only a couple more hours of work at most.

Code:
Long time since the last update!

-Updated explosion sounds

-explosion sound volume controllable through the config menu

-a few 'new' (meaning tweaked) RS weapon sounds:
-Type 92 HMG
-M1919
-M12 Trench Gun
-M2 Flamethrower (a bit louder, with a couple extras thrown in)

- Spurting blood effect for neck shots, and the occasional headshot. Trails blood on the ground too!

- Bullet decals appear on helmets

- Something else having to do with helmets :) (RO2 only for now)

- WebAdmin interface for servers. SoundMutator.int file is included.

Certain Settings are server configurable:

New Death Effects

New Blood Effects

New Gun Sounds WILL be configurable. For now disabling them is disabled entirely because of server replication kinks I'm working out.

Client Side options:

Use new end round/match music for RO2 (brought these back)

The explosion volume multiplier

Note: The client side options will carry over to online servers (in theory.) You still have the option to alter the serverside settings in your local workshop games.

Last edited:
Upvote 0