• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

dibbler67.......

Nice work on the sound mod. Played a couple 4-5 maps today in Steam Workshop with it running with no problems. Waiting to see what other in group think about it, before putting it up on our server......

Just got a question,....... Would it be possible to put the sound level of the Artillery on a server setting....? Maybe a Low, Med, and Loud switch..? So server owners could set this for what works best for their server.......

The Artillery and nades sound are some of the best I've heard in any game, but it is a bit loud while on head-phones.......

Upvote 0
Servers would probably appreciate if all the individual features can be turned off to suit their tastes aswell. Like head blood, blackout headshot, arty sounds, bullet cracks, etc etc.

Yep, we've gone from sound mod to "total overhaul" grounds.

I'm starting to prefer playing against bots, just to play with this mod enabled. It's incredibly immersive.

Also if you enable better realism then when playing classic there's no ironsight zoom, RO2 plays amazingly well like that. This is how the game should have released, and screw all this action mode bull.

Upvote 0
The fade out you suggested is what I wanted initially, although it seems pretty difficult to accomplish. At best I'll be able to lower everything but voices I think.

FOV might be possible.

As you say this definitely needs work in MP. I think I know what might help that. However fade effects carrying on after you disallow the mutator is really weird :confused: After all I only call functions that the original game did with different values, so unless those functions alter the HUDs configuration everytime... I'll just have to reset them on player logout or something

I was up very late getting RS voices in game (SP only for now it would seem) so stay tuned. They're a bit different from the way RO2 works though, most of them will play anyway but extremely rarely

Ah sorry I didn't mean after you disallow the mutator. The problem is if you unsubscribe the mutator stays, the files are still there. There's no "uninstall mutator" option.

Can't wait for this to be whitelisted and online... holy crap.

Upvote 0
Servers would probably appreciate if all the individual features can be turned off to suit their tastes aswell. Like head blood, blackout headshot, arty sounds, bullet cracks, etc etc.

Simple enough ;)

And yes, this mod's scope is growing. Currently Panzerjager's mod and mine have no conflicts, but we could see a merger in the future :cool:

Upvote 0
I think if you and Panzerjager combined the two into one "Enhanced Realism" mod, it'd be great, but I'd lobby to make everything possible toggle-able. I like the mods as they are, but I'd hate to see admins not run it at all because they don't like single issues like movement speed or a certain weapon load out or handling.

I want to see this on all servers...... :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You said that you have different sounds for getting shot in different areas, does this mean you could have different animations too?

Already technically true, there are different animations that play for neck, heart, and nutshots. I could see about applying these to other areas however.

All, I added a 'Quieter Explosions' option last night. I'll be testing it on my server today and trying to get it out to y'all.

Some new features:

some new explosion sounds

lower explosion volume (OFF/ON configurable)

RO2 Gunsounds (OFF/ON configurable)

tweaked helmet headshot sound

new non helmet headshot sound

spurting blood effect for neckshots and occasionally headshots. The flying blood trails on the ground too. Looks pretty cool. Trying to make decals stay on helmets and having success, going to see about having new decals for helmets (though I've no clue about making those.) Headshot gore effect still in. (OFF/ON configurable)

tweaking death effects still (death effects now OFF/ON configurable, death moans are not)

RO2 Player Level Randomization coming to RS (now OFF/ON configurable);

And more.

I'll see about making the volume option a slider.

Upvote 0
I'm starting to like the dibbler67 guy........

We ask for, and received ...... kind of like a Genie in a bottle....

dibs, you wouldn't happen to have a couple extra millions laying around that I can have do you........ ??? I'll even rub my Caption Morgan bottle and make a wish if I have too....:D:D:D

All kidding aside, nice work and thanks for taking a look at and changing some of the stuff a few of us have mention........

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Update on decals:

Helmet and headgear decals are working properly now!

Now, if anyone knows a 2D artist I could really use some head wound/ helmet wound specific decals ;)

You can add new decals? Does this mean you can break the hard limit of 1 hit decal in/out pair per character for more bullet ridden goodness?

Also wouldnt the metal hit decal be fine for a helmet decal? There'd be no blood out side the helmet I imagine.

Upvote 0
You can add new decals? Does this mean you can break the hard limit of 1 hit decal in/out pair per character for more bullet ridden goodness?

Also wouldnt the metal hit decal be fine for a helmet decal? There'd be no blood out side the helmet I imagine.

I've spent the past day trying to get this working, with little luck. I have a couple more ideas though. It seems if a dead body is shot all it's decals disappear, and as you say it can't maintain more than 1 or 2 at any time.

Good idea with the metal decal, that should do for now but I would like some new ones too. Perhaps I can figure out a way to have exit wound decals and entry wound decals separate.

Upvote 0