• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

dibbler67

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 4, 2011
Texas
[[| Immersion Overhaul Mutator v1.15 Beta 1.2 |]]
Written by dibbler67, not including "Better Realism" by Panzer Jager '43

No more config editing!
You only have to download the archive and unzip it to "..\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame".

Check out our ModDB page!

LATEST VERSION (v1.15 Beta 1.2)
[url]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Pk4xwTFn4pcjF0ZUtHYk1CbGs/view[/URL]

UPDATED 2/06/2016

Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dibblersmod

EVENTS:

CHANGES IN v1.15 Beta 1.2

Spoiler!

To install, place the extracted ROGame directory in C:\Users\<your name>\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2 and merge and overwrite all files. Since this is a brewed build, the client files are the server files.

To install:

Everything in
Code:
\MUTATOR RELEASE v1.11\ROGame\Published\CookedPC\
goes in:

Code:
\ro2server\ROGame\BrewedPCServer

Stuff in
Code:
\MUTATOR RELEASE v1.11\ROGame\Config
goes in:

Code:
\ro2server\ROGame\Config
Stuff in
Code:
\MUTATOR RELEASE v1.11\ROGame\Localization
goes in:

Code:
\ro2server\ROGame\Localization

Contains content produced or provided by:

aaz - 3D Modeling and Animation
RandomPerson78642 - Code
JellonaVesa - 3D Modeling and 2D Art
eremin - 3D Modeling
Nika Ilyin - Research
???????_?????? - Research
Sgt. Nightfire - sounds
Kleist - 2D Art and sheer dedication :D
Howitzer114 - sounds
Panzer Jager '43 - Better Realism Mutator
Moskeeto - Skins, skins, skins, skins, sounds
Kaminski - Waffen SS models
Warishell - Waffen SS model rigging and packaging
The_pacific - sounds
TheSynchronizer - decals
PsychoPigeon - sounds
McGunn3r - sounds
N1H1L1573 - sounds
Cannonball - 2D Art

Thanks you guys!

If I've forgotten you, I'm very sorry! Let me know and I'll update this immediately. I hope you understand how difficult it is to keep track of all of this :eek:

Also a big thank you to everyone who has provided me with feedback for this mod, and those who hosted it on their server! I'll attempt to list you and thank you personally later, but I have to get back to work right now ;)

FEATURES:​

Better Realism Mod: Panzer Jager '43's Better Realism Mod: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=91184

NoZoom: You may now disable all zoom in the configuration menu! You may disable just IS zoom or just Shift zoom if you care to, too

Shrapnel effects for explosives: antipersonnel explosives (artillery, grenades) produce deadly shrapnel that you can hear

Bullet whips: conditionally play bullet cracks based on estimated speed at point of closest contact

Replaced Arty Sounds: Almost every arty sound has been changed. Artillery is somewhat Hollywood, but scary. Mortars are subtle whizzes, if you're close enough to hear one falling you're probably dead. And rockets are screaming banshees.

Replaced Grenade Sounds: New, with less fall off at distance like all new explosions

Dynamic Movement Speed: You will slow down running through snow, water, uphill or upstairs, and you will run slightly faster on terrain such as roads. It's a gradual change.

Skins: Added support for new player models and skins! Will eventually be configurable serverside and hopefully by map.

Decals: Decals spawn on helmets! Only in RS at the moment, due to a bug.

Blood Effects: Spurting blood for neck shots that also trails on the ground.

Shoot off helmets: Chance for helmets (only helmets) to be blown off by gunshots or explosions (RO2 only)

"Cinematic" death effects: Screen and audio fade. Headshots result in muted audio

Location specific death sounds: horrible gurgling and screaming :eek: and quiet headshot deaths

Modified running, footstep, and ladder climbing sounds

Resupply mg sound is back

Shooting screaming dead people in the head will silence them ... but only if you are playing online :eek:

New weapons: PPD-40, RG-42, RGD-33, M38 Carbine, DT LMG, Molotov Cocktail, K98k Zielsechs. Removed bayonet from MN9130 PEM.

See your own shadow, with weapons!

Probably more: ...that I've forgotten :eek:

USE​

When loading a Workshop map in game, click the mutator tab and select the Immersion Overhaul Mutator. That's it!

KNOWN BUGS​

Note: Fix pending means I have solved the issue on my end but have not yet updated the mod.

Fixed:Using Localized voices will usually cause the game to hang / crash at the role selection screen. Until this is confirmed I recommend using native voices.

Fixed: Dropping or being killed with the MN9130 PEM will crash online servers

Fixed: Infinite explosive rounds

Fixed: Misaligned ZF 39 reticle

Fix pending: Broken Zeltbahn and Cape textures

Crash: Random simultaneous client-side crashing when on a map with halftracks.

Will update with more!

Last edited:
Reactions: aaz777
Yes! YES! YES!!

This is really good to test, especially when coupled with the new realism mod, the sooner we get live servers running these two mods the better.

We already have one server running this mod, Cat's "Sound Mutator Testing" server can be found in the unranked server browser section.

Seriously, holy crap.

Upvote 0
Interested in the sound mod...... Just have a few questions.

If I was to start to run it on our server where we run both RO2 and RS maps, will it still run....?

Also does running this mod put the server into custom?

SQBsam..... Where can I get more information on the "Realism Mod" ...?

Yes it will be Custom and unranked as this isn't yet whitelisted. It will also work for RS.

The RS part doesn't yet have all features of the RO2 part, but I'm working on that as we speak.

Upvote 0
Interested in the sound mod...... Just have a few questions.

If I was to start to run it on our server where we run both RO2 and RS maps, will it still run....?

Also does running this mod put the server into custom?

SQBsam..... Where can I get more information on the "Realism Mod" ...?

It's on the steam workshop, use the search function (top right) using the search term "better realism". Basically it gives you a ton of recoil (like in Ostfront) a ton of sway and the flinch effect (your gun being pushed to one side when a bullet comes nearby) is huge. It's really great for gameplay, draws out gunfights a ton.

Tested this sound mod out online on cat's server, seems it needs some more work for the MP scene. But in the meantime boot up a 64 bot firefight or countdown on the workshop, holy crap it's fantastic!

Upvote 0
Its verging on criminal that Tripwire having whitelisted this yet.

Or they should at least take a few things from this mutator and put it in the game in an update one day. Like the locational death cries, the new gun sounds (For HOS in particular, the new sounds literally destroy the vanilla ones), the supersonic bullet cracks, the way the screen turns black and turns off all sounds when you're shot in the head.

Why didn't we have these things in the first place :/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its verging on criminal that Tripwire having whitelisted this yet.

Or they should at least take a few things from this mutator and put it in the game in an update one day. Like the locational death cries, the new gun sounds (For HOS in particular, the new sounds literally destroy the vanilla ones), the supersonic bullet cracks, the way the screen turns black and turns off all sounds when you're shot in the head.

Why didn't we have these things in the first place :/

It's crazy good, eh?

Couple of other things I noticed. The fade to black when you die will now happen to you in vanilla, so long as the mod is installed this happens on every server (however the sound changes aren't there).

Regarding the sound changes, I find it kinda odd that as the sound fades out so too do your death cries. I also find it kinda weird that the entire game goes silent, so I propose some changes.

• The sound never fully drowns out, it just becomes a murmur of sound that's almost silent
  • Your own player's death cry remains the same volume
Imagine that... I think it would be pretty amazing.

Also, if possible, set the FOV to 110 when you die. Then go back once you're in spectator mode.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's crazy good, eh?

Couple of other things I noticed. The fade to black when you die will now happen to you in vanilla, so long as the mod is installed this happens on every server (however the sound changes aren't there).

Regarding the sound changes, I find it kinda odd that as the sound fades out so too do your death cries. I also find it kinda weird that the entire game goes silent, so I propose some changes.

• The sound never fully drowns out, it just becomes a murmur of sound that's almost silent
  • Your own player's death cry remains the same volume
Imagine that... I think it would be pretty amazing.

Also, if possible, set the FOV to 110 when you die. Then go back once you're in spectator mode.

The fade out you suggested is what I wanted initially, although it seems pretty difficult to accomplish. At best I'll be able to lower everything but voices I think.

FOV might be possible.

As you say this definitely needs work in MP. I think I know what might help that. However fade effects carrying on after you disallow the mutator is really weird :confused: After all I only call functions that the original game did with different values, so unless those functions alter the HUDs configuration everytime... I'll just have to reset them on player logout or something

I was up very late getting RS voices in game (SP only for now it would seem) so stay tuned. They're a bit different from the way RO2 works though, most of them will play anyway but extremely rarely

Upvote 0
The sounds are great so far, the artillery might cause a few headaches though. After playing for 15 minutes with my awesome audio setup i was hurting. When the volume fades from a death, it fades out the music also. It sounds strange and should only cut out voice and sound effects.

Upvote 0
I must say that the new gun sounds are amazing. They definitely make the guns sound meaty. The only complaint I have about them is that the sound quality is definitely lowered compared to the base sounds (especially the nagant, IMO that needs the most work of the changed gun sounds so far) but I'll still use and love the mod because the sounds are just awesome.

P.S. I've crashed twice so far while using this mod in the span of about 30 minutes. I'm not sure if it has to do with running bots or what.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I must say that the new gun sounds are amazing. They definitely make the guns sound meaty. The only complaint I have about them is that the sound quality is definitely lowered compared to the base sounds (especially the nagant, IMO that needs the most work of the changed gun sounds so far) but I'll still use and love the mod because the sounds are just awesome.

P.S. I've crashed twice so far while using this mod in the span of about 30 minutes. I'm not sure if it has to do with running bots or what.

Yeah, unfortunately I don't have access to nice gun recordings, I've frankensteined all these together from the base sounds and one firecracker recording :D. Howitzer helps when he can but he's been extremely busy lately. Crashes? I haven't had any. How much RAM do you have?

Edit: Vapid, from what I see the game has a bunch of specifically labeled soundcues for neck, heart, and stomach deaths but they aren't referenced in the code anywhere. The ones that are referenced are called something like DyingFast (which you almost always hear,) DyingSlow (which you would very occasionally hear, when nutshot or heartshot etc.) and SlowlyDying (for slow death.) Somewhere along the line these specific ones were unreferenced or most of the files they used were in DyingSlow and were removed from that cue.

No idea why that was done.

Last edited:
Upvote 0