• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

If I understant it right, this solution would be pefect. I hope it is possible some times.
So every mapper can edit every role like he wish. So every map could have a unique class/weapon loadout.

e.g. remove smoke nades from SL and add them to sapper, so every sapper is able to smoke a target before he try to destroy it.
Or remove At-nades from sapper when there is no tank on the map.
etc. so many options :D

But with the next update you really want to remove the Mkb-42/AVT-40 from every map?

I mean I don

Upvote 0
It's not exactly going to work like that. In the next update, Mappers will be able to select the usual classes like before, but they will be replaced in the game by our "new" classes. At some point we will probably be able to add some ability to detect if the mapper would like their map in a different time era (possibly through reading map descriptions and looking for a key word.)

This would allow us to define classes that are available based on time period.

Upvote 0
It's not exactly going to work like that. In the next update, Mappers will be able to select the usual classes like before, but they will be replaced in the game by our "new" classes. At some point we will probably be able to add some ability to detect if the mapper would like their map in a different time era (possibly through reading map descriptions and looking for a key word.)

This would allow us to define classes that are available based on time period.
Does this mean you will be seeking permission from custom map authors to effectively change their design intent?
I'm sure many will agree but what of those who do not?
Will you still allow your settings to over ride their design?

I'm just concerned that in the haste to make the mod bigger and better, you are in danger of trampling the work of others underfoot unless you make the effort to get them onboard first.
The creative work of others must be given as much respect as you would wish your own work to be given by others.
Please give it serious thought.

Upvote 0
Does this mean you will be seeking permission from custom map authors to effectively change their design intent?
I'm sure many will agree but what of those who do not?
Will you still allow your settings to over ride their design?

I'm just concerned that in the haste to make the mod bigger and better, you are in danger of trampling the work of others underfoot unless you make the effort to get them onboard first.
The creative work of others must be given as much respect as you would wish your own work to be given by others.
Please give it serious thought.

I don't think that's what he tried to say. As I read it, then a mapper has a change to put special tokens in his map description (which ends up in the .upk file) and the mutator parses them and changes the class/weapon availability according those tokens. In other words, if a mapper does not want a mutator to alter his map, then he simple leaves it as it is now (thus no tokens in the description) and the mutator doesn't alter anything. If however he want to have a different loadout, then he can put in those tokens and the mutator will honor them. I believe that's what Panzer Jager tried to explain.

I think it's a smart and good solution. A win-win for this mutator team and for the mappers. Nice job!

Upvote 0
I don't think that's what he tried to say. As I read it, then a mapper has a change to put special tokens in his map description (which ends up in the .upk file) and the mutator parses them and changes the class/weapon availability according those tokens. In other words, if a mapper does not want a mutator to alter his map, then he simple leaves it as it is now (thus no tokens in the description) and the mutator doesn't alter anything. If however he want to have a different loadout, then he can put in those tokens and the mutator will honor them. I believe that's what Panzer Jager tried to explain.

I think it's a smart and good solution. A win-win for this mutator team and for the mappers. Nice job!
Thanks for the explanation Ducky.
I do hope this is in fact the case.;)

Upvote 0
Well, I'd like to know if TWI actually considers implementing it. If not, I don't see a reason to play this game anymore. Last night I played an hour again after some weeks of absence and it's simply "same old, same old", which is pretty much a great summary of the last 2 years of this game's history.

Well, I'm sure there are some at TWI that would like to see most of it Whitelisted, but are they the ones who ultimately have the decision? (not sure who would)

Upvote 0
Well, I'd like to know if TWI actually considers implementing it. If not, I don't see a reason to play this game anymore. Last night I played an hour again after some weeks of absence and it's simply "same old, same old", which is pretty much a great summary of the last 2 years of this game's history.

I bet the Tripwire guys are scared. Please, please, please come back.

Well, I'm sure there are some at TWI that would like to see most of it Whitelisted, but are they the ones who ultimately have the decision? (not sure who would)

I am happy that the people here really know what is going on at TWI.
I personally heard the entire company is following this thread because 7.5 guys are circle jerking the **** out of this.

Classic didn't work - let's try something worse.

Yay....

P.S. Realism

Upvote 0

I am happy that the people here really know what is going on at TWI.
I personally heard the entire company is following this thread because 7.5 guys are circle jerking the **** out of this.

Yay....

P.S. Realism

Nice attitude.

Here we are with a great mod team dedicated to fixing the casual state of this game and you want to mention Realism mode?

It seems to me that guys with your mindset are soley responsible for the "casual" design flaws inherent in RO2. The same design flaws that lead to the sorry shallow state this game currently resides in.

RO2 does not know WTF it wants to be....it's also failed miserably in player numbers over the past 3 1/2 years due to things like your precious "Realism mode", COD inspired unlocks, and UAV Biplane.

IMO is at least is trying to salvage what little dignity the R0 series has left.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

My post wasn't meant to be a threat, lol :confused: I also was never a big supporter of classic because I worried about the next split up in the community.

But yeah, I give you 5 courtesy points for trying to troll me. Better luck next time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We really need IOM to be stable.
In France we got a great community on RO2 but the mod ain't much advertise because too much people are still experiencing heavy crashes.
I'm part of it can't make IOM nights because there is still too much crash....
Please fix it.:)

How much RAM do you have? I think a lot of people who have problems with IOM have 4 GB only.

Would be interessting, if most of people with problems have too less RAM ;)

Upvote 0